Friday, December 08, 2006

Cinta Ialah...

The much talked about local movie of the moment - 'Cinta' perked up my interest radar. Knowing it was 5 stories rolled up into one made me think about 'Love Actually', my feel good movie (still is anyway) when I broke up in 2004, also a movie with a number of inter-linked stories rolled into one. The cast for Cinta was great, though I have to admit that the introduction of the characters in my opinion was a wee bit somber and a bit drag before they get into the core of the movie.

I actually managed to drag my uncle and aunt to the movie, along with my cousin Irra of course. We went straight after I finished my work - though the movie started at 8.00pm. Parking was as always, hard at the City Square area but we managed to squeeze into a tight spot at the Public Bank area.

The cinematography was good. Overall on the storyline, some part are quite uncomfortable some are poignantly tear-jerking and some are just downright cheesy. If I cried once during a movie or drama you could bet that I would watch it again and again. But then... I think I lost count on how much I actually did so I'd say probably give the movie just another one round when the VCD is out, only to accompany my mom. It would be good if they inject a little bit more of humour part so it would be a wee bit brighter other than the short crack lyric by Dhani's friend by the roadside. Not to say that I say I like it to be a humourous movie. It's just that a little bit addition of it would be nice. Anyway that's just my opinion ^_^

No comments: