Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Hear Me Rant!!!

Of all day, the feeling of like screaming out loud today is very overpowering. First cause, the tile supplier called up at the very last minute to inform me that the tile we had ordered on Monday was not available at their JB store. If we want it, we would have to wait til Friday. FRIDAY?! Of course I yelled her for not telling that to me the minute I called and ordered for the tiles on Monday. The excuse - "Oh, sorry we didn't realize until we're about to load the lorry up". Sorry my arse. The showhouse is due on 15th, so we need the tiles fast. Relayed the info to my boss and of course she was furious. Had to make a very quick decision and after gruelling checking up of what's available and what's not, finally chose on the tiles with an emphasis that the tiles MUST arrive at the site by noon. Gosh, this job makes me yell at people a lot - only to those who screw up that is. Believe me, I don't like yelling.

Second cause, in the afternoon I was being put in charge to measure a site at the Mount Austin area and check up on the workers. Out of some whatever reason, I called them up like crazy but no one answered. I know one of the worker was busy doing grass-cutting so I bear with him but the other one... just simply didn't pick up his phone. The sites are far from the office so we mainly relay information on cellphone. All of us have allowance on that so by right, they have to answer the call during working time. Got a hold of him, and it just tip me off when he insist on sitting at the back seat. Hello?! Do I look like a chauffer or someone else's driver? Even when I drove my boss around he/she sat next to me. I told him no, my backseat was already filled with the measure roller and measuring tapes and my bag.

Done measuring and guess what happened next? his girlfriend or whoever she is messaged me up while I was on my way back to the office and annoying me asking who the hell am I and why was I so insistent on calling him. As if I don't have many things to do for the whole day. I ignored the messages but one particular message blew me off. I replied it while driving saying that I'm his superior and I call him up because of work - hey I know how jealousy works and I don't want to cause relationship trouble. Guess what she replied back? she was cussing at me in javanese! (the worker is from indonesia and although their javanese language is slight different from here, the cuss word is not that much of different). And so I typed, in perfect malay that is - If you don't want your boyfriend to lose his job, you might as well shut up and you might as well ask him who I am. Yeah, so I was bluffing but as if she knows. She stopped txting me after that one. That works. Actually I feel like calling her up but then again, she doesn't worth my money, a simple 5 cents txt message was enough.

The highlight of my day when I got back, I saw and elderly couple walking by the side of the road and yes, they made my day. They are both around 60s or 70s, the husband was walking and pushing his wife in the wheelchair, they were both laughing and smiling and talking... at that age, gosh, that is so darn romantic. The view certainly melts my heart. I wish...

No comments: