Sunday, April 03, 2005

Love Actually

Sunday, the day I waited most. The day when I get to lounge out and just relax. Its when evening comes that I feel rotten because tomorrow would be yet another same week. Watched movies, and yes again - Love Actually and ahem, The Prince & I, hahahaha. Chic flick movie day what can I say? Honestly I could watch Love Actually hundreds (if not thousands) of times and still would enjoy it. Reasons why I LOVE Love Actually:-

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

  1. Its actually many stories in one movie - Love between husband and wife whom unfortunately was being tested in the form of the husband's beautiful secretary, relationship between a jaded, cynical and crazy rockstar and his manager (Who actually encouraged kids not to buy drugs, on national television but encouraged them to be popstar because they could get those for free, lmao), between stepdad and stepson, about a 10 year old kid who try to pursue the 'love of his life' with the help of his stepdad whom had just lost his wife - which was the kid's mom, between a prime minister (I would say I enjoyed Hugh Grant being the prime minister in this movie) and his catering manager, about a guy who fell for his best friends' girlfriend who later became his wife (his best friend's I mean) and try hard to hide it, about a guy who travelled thousands of mile to find any girl in the U.S who likes 'sexy britain man', about a man who fell in love with his Portuguese housekeeper whom he doesn't actually understand a word she said but in the truth they were actually talking about the same thing and last but not least love between a sister and her brother - that one was sad because he was mentally sick and she had to choose. See, many story in one movie. I just love it.
  2. Its funny and heartwarming. It started with a scene in Heathrow Airport with Hugh Grant as the narrator, saying - Love actually is all around and ended with the Heathrow Airport again. And yes, its funny to hear the re-rendition of Love Is All Around by Wet Wet Wet was being changed to Christmas Is All Around. Cheesy lyrics such as - if your really love christmas, come on and let it snow, hahaha.
  3. Great casting - Hugh Grant, Keira Knightly, Emma Thompson, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth, Martine McCutcheon (as the lovely catering manager who cuss nearly all the time accidentally), Alan Rickman (also known as Severus Snape in Harry Potter movies) and last but not least Rowan Atkinson as the annoying store manager who insist on gift wrapping a small necklace box into a huge present box with sprig of holly, lavender, cinnamon stick and potpourri. There was only 2 scenes with Rowan Atkinson but his character was memorable.
  4. Great soundtracks.
Well anyway, its just a great movie whenever I feel bored and lonely, that it reminds me that love is actually all around. Ooh getting cheesy there too. Bought it last year when I was feeling down with nothing to do and I absolutely love it. I think I'm gonna watch it again in a few minutes. See you!

No comments: