Monday, June 06, 2005

Weekend Holiday

I'm beat.

Like totally beat.

Just reached home from the not so long but not so short weekend in Serdang. A'an is currently going through his orientation at MMU and much to my sister's consternation, even when he already have the handphone with him, it seems useless since he's such a rule abiding person that when the faci told them not to bring the phone, he didn't bring it or didn't even reply tons of messages we sent. Oh well, first time living in a place with rules.

Reached Serdang at 4.30 am on 4th June and Kak Wa already called that she was already samping at Hentian Serdang. Thought that she already worked the plan off with Bang Bil but then again she didn't. While she was camping at Hentian Serdang, Bang Bil was already camping in his office in the faculty and both of them waited since 4am. Gotta love both of them, hehehe.

Rested at my sister's room in UKM while watching White Chicks as my sister continued snoozing. Later that day set up to meet my pen-pal of 10 year, Ridzuan for the very first time. Wow! 10 years, never faced each other (yet) and the time had finally come. Come to think of it, we never knew wht we both look like until 2003 - even though in that magazine, in 1994 to be exact, I put up my pic in the pen-pal column but the pic was fuzzy. So we met and played bowling. Don't ask how it turned out as most definitely I lost both rounds but then again I had fun. Still need to work more on the game as I haven't played it since I graduated. Quite okaylah 120, but the first round was an embarrassing 71 (sorok muka!!!). Maybe I could ask Roy to play the game with me. She loves bowling last I heard from her. Though I hope her tummy problem won't stop her from playing. Message to Ridzuan - Lain kali aaaaaa, hehehe

The next morning everyone was up and about early to sent my bro off. The registration went okay though a bit slow and a bit unsystematic. We reached there not knowing where to go first as there were 2 counters filled with parents and students and their family. Not wanting to add up more havoc to the busy place, all of us took a seat under the tecoma trees (the beautiful but high maintenance Tabebuia pentaphylla) at the courtyard until my bro get it all settled. The courtyard do remind me of Dan Kiley's (one of the well knowned architect, landscape architect & interior designer) design. Hish, banyak komen pulak. Then we spent quite an amount of time not knowing where to go for the hostel registration. Bangbil took the map and took lead which in the end we went back to the parking lot and followed the signs at the road side.

Done with my bro's business we broke off, my big bro went to a wedding while my sister, my parents and I went to our relative's wedding. It was actually just my parents going there while my sister and I stayed in the car as we were not properly attired. Then went to visit my uncles on my dad's side, Wak Riduan & Wak Latif. Since they both lived not that far from each other, we managed to make it short as we needed to go back to An's place to send up some more stuff that we forgot to get him for the room. Afterwards my mak, my sister and I went to the Mines to hunt for a new handphone for my mak. There were so many choices and we ended up picking a second hand phone, its a Samsung and its a flip phone and my mak loves it.

As for today, surprises surprises my abah let me drive the way home. Believe me he have never yet gave any of us the chance to drive his car back with him in it. Guess he's still having jet lag from his last trip. At first it was kind of nerve wrecking. Not that I was bad nor that I am inexperienced, just that I felt like I was going through the driving test for the second time. I got my rhythm back as I saw abah and mak fell asleep. Detected a apeed trap at the Kajang-Putera Mahkota exit but my speed was decent so it was fine. When abah woke up, I slowed down to the highway limit and so the speed goes up and down along the way. Gosh I'm beat. I need to sleep and lie down. *huaaaarghhhh. Ngantuk. *kroih kroih kroih zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No comments: