Monday, December 12, 2005

Weekend

My cousin Irra was discharged from the hospital due to the operation done on the tumour that grew next to her knee so I took the opportunity of the weekend to crash over her home. Things were looking good for her and being a hyperactive 17 year old, sitting around without doing anything would sure get to her nerves. By the time I arrived at her house, she was already hobbling back and forth and trying hard not to scratch anyplace near to her bandage. Good thing she and her parents decided to postpone the operation until after she finished her SPM papers.

Night time, my uncle, my aunt and I went over to the PC Fair over at City Square. Knowing of all the good deals happening around, I tried hard not to withdraw any money from the nearby ATM machine. But then again, I have to - I think. Just for a 256mb RAM that cost me RM 78. Not that much actually. As for my uncle, he bought a new Lexmark 2300 all in one printer, scanner, copier that only cost RM199, an MP3 player for Irra, a card reader, speakers and I don't know what else. The sale was crazy that I was just as glad that I managed to restrain myself from buying unnecessary items.

Catastrophe fell on the next day. I planned to go over to a wedding of my ex-collegue during internship by the MBJB bus that they already arranged. I was so excited and prepared all the clothes and the things that I should wear with it but I wasn't prepared for the big bad hot iron. I haven't even worn the clothes yet, and it was the third baju kurung that I sent to be made for hari raya but I managed to iron a hole on my kain. I was frantic afterwards since the bus was supposed to leave at 9am. Tried to wear the clothes, hoping that the hole could be covered but then again, my luck, the hole was strategically located at the middle of my shin. Went through Irra's closet but her kain was a bit small. Went through my aunt's closet, found the right baju kurung but as remarked by Irra, I looked like I was wearing a 100% borrowed clothes. In the end, I didn't go to the wedding, sat home and removed the tail of one whole bag of bean sprouts (taugeh) with Irra the whole morning. *Sighs

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The laughing kain. Die yuppie scum!

No comments: