Sunday, March 12, 2006

Shinobi - Heart Under Blade

Image hosting by Photobucket

Shinobi - the tale of two star-crossed lovers.

It was about 2 clans at war - Koga of Manjidani and Iga of Tsubagakure. Gennosuke, the future chieftain of Manjidani fell in love with Oboro, the future chieftain of Tsubagakure. I guess you might have a very strong hunch on where the story might go. The Emperor put a ban on their war but due to the threat that both clans might bring if the rebel brought both shinobi clans on their side, a move was made so both clan would finish off each other. The ban was lifted and both chieftains, Gennosuke's grandfather and Oboro's grandmother have to name 5 warriors of their clan for a duel. The trick was that the victor would determine the next emperor. If the Tsubagakure wins, the eldest son would ascent to the throne. If the Manjidani wins, the second son would.

Gennosuke refused to fight, wanting to find answers straight from the palace on the real reason why the duel would take place. Both chieftains however had an agenda of their own and had their secret duel which in the end caused their deaths. Gennosuke the newly appointed chieftain sent an invitation to the Tsubagakure for their quest to the palace but then again, warriors from both clans ended up fighting each other.

The cinematography was great, though some of the CGI did not manage to blend real well but that was only at the beginning of the movie when some people from Manjidani jumped down from the top of the hill. The fight scene was so great that it was hard for me to catch the still images.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Nakama Yukie (she acted in Gokusen) played Oboro real well, and so did Odagiri Joe whom I guess if you watch Kamen Rider Kuuga, you would know him. I love it when both main roles have very strong characters. The hero is strong, the heroine is strong and could handle her own fight. Now thats more like it. Oboro was known for her 'Eyes of Destruction' that could destroy the whole nerve system with just a stare, while Gennosuke was known for his speed, agility and the ability to see things slowly. Sounds unreal but hey, its a movie. The lowest left screenshot is the part which I cried. Why? I'm not saying anything. Ayumi Hamasaki's Heaven at the end of the credit just made the crying worst.

We have our Puteri Gunung Ledang. If you enjoyed PGL, I would strongly recommend Shinobi.

Though anyway, the translation of Ayumi Hamasaki's Heaven wrap up today's post.

What you offered straight to me
With a smile for the last time
Was just so beautiful
That I gave way to tears

Surely, that day
The two of us touched love

We sought for each other
Lost ourselves at times
And found each other at last
So whatever result may be waiting for us

It's nothing but
Destiny

Stars are shining tenderly upon me

Stay by my side, my love
Crossing over time and changing your shape
You see? The future we haven't yet seen
Remains here like this

Stay by my side, my love
Crossing over time and changing your shape
The future we haven't yet seen
Remains here

Trust me, my love
You live within me
So I'll never
Say good-bye to you

Surely, that day
The two of us touched love

You and I will only be joined...
In our dreams...
Quote from Shinobi - Iga Oboro



No comments: