Monday, March 20, 2006

Wedding, Wedding, Wedding

My cousin's double wedding over in Shah Alam. Good thing I applied for leave 2 weeks before the occasion or I would be stuck at the site supervising projects *sighs. Spent the first day in Shah Alam cooking for those who came over to prepare the food for the wedding and of course the relatives who came and helped with the preparation. 'Pengsan'ed a bit after 3 and continued with the cooking at 4pm for the tahlil which was held after Isyak prayer. By the time I reached Dayah's house in Bangsar, it was already 1.30am and I was dead on my feet - literally.

The next morning I could barely open my eyes to get ready for the wedding. Had a quick breakfast when we reached there before resuming our preparation. We cut the orange and guava - had to go back and forth to sharpen up dayah's & my knife (since I can't work with blunt tools other than the fact that I love to sharpen things, hehehe). While we were cutting the guava suddenly... well I guess the knife that I sharpened for Dayah was sharp enough to leave a deep cut on her left thumb - youch!

Image hosting by Photobucket
At about 12 we were all geared up and ready for the reception to start at the Section 18 MBSA Hall. I helped over as the watergirl (hehe) for a few while and had a good talk with the kendarat (more or less like the food distributor/waiter) group. Then I was in a huge surprise. I was so darn astounded that my uncle actually took the FRU (Federal Reserve Unit) as his kendarat. I thought that they were the Section 18 community. Wallao!! My uncle is actually one of the officials in Bukit Aman but then again... FRU?! Mak aih. I told Dayah that I would be eyeing handsome officers or doctors (my aunt works at the hospital) at the wedding. Fat chance since I was too occupied with the wedding procession, hehehe.

Image hosting by Photobucket

The wedding march from the house started at 1.30pm and I have to say that both are great match. Ijal with Zura decked in soft brown while Yus with Nisa in yellow. The flower girls were too cute - which we suddenly spotted Dayah amidst the flower girls trying her best to blend in by shortening her height since her dress was the exact shade of the flower girls (of course la, two of the girls are her sisters).

Image hosting by Photobucket
L to r - Yus & Nisa, Ijal & Zura


Image hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by Photobucket
Budak cute tak ingat - Flower Girl number 1, Baby & Budak perasan tak ingat - search the odd one , hahaha

Image hosting by Photobucket
Ntah siapa tah...

I left the wedding after a while to begin my quest for J-drama VCD over at Kotaraya since my mak and I was supposed to return home with one of my uncles the next day. I was totally blown away with what I saw at the rack. The VCDs are cheaper compared to the ones I saw in JB and there were wider varieties. After a few hours deliberating, I bought Nobuta Wo Produce. That one was the first that I took from the line-up. Reason? Kame and YamaP was great and it reminded me a lot of my 2 best friends in college, Mukodono 2003 - I was actually aiming for Mukodono because Aiba Masaki of Arashi was in it but I was not that lucky and Stand Up!! because Nino of Arashi, YamaP and Oguri was in it, yatta!!

It was funny seeing the box-sets that was displayed as usually for a drama there were more than 1 box-set although the content was the same. One of the box-set for Hana Yori Dango was translated as "Lake of Misty Dreams" (if I remembered correctly) instead of "Boys over Flower" and Nobuta Wo Produce was translated as "Ambulance" (ROFLMAO) instead of "Producing Nobuta". There were more that I want on the rack - Kimi Wa Petto (no malay/english translations *sighs) Anego, Files of Young Kindaichi 4, Beginner, Hotman, etc etc. Definitely have to go back there someday. When? I don't know.

Before I forget - Happy Birthday Bang Bil!!! And takziah for the passing of Kak Linda's (my sister in-law) father early this morning.
Al-Fatihah.
P.s: Kengkawan, gambar majlis ina klik sini. Sorry lambat. Hontouni gomen

No comments: