Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Starlight, Starbright



True to the prediction, the Geminids meteor shower could be seen best last night from 9pm. At 9, after dinner and watching Survivor Vanuatu (I seriously kinda sick of it but that's the only watchable program at that time) I turned the lights outside off for a better view and start craning my neck up. Nothing much going on up there just yet and I was so glad that it rained heavily. The sky was so clear and beautiful.
Not long after mom joined me, turning the backyard light on. Then I start taking out a chair from the porch while mom taking the swing because our necks were hurting already. Most of the meteor could be seen after 9.30pm and we were both counting who sees the most because we were looking at different direction of the sky. We only managed to catch some together and then the airplane passing by was spoiling the fun.
Not long afterwards, my brother joined in, carrying a chair and a jar of crackers. We get to see more and the funny thing is, my mom keep saying, "after one more meteor, i'm going in", but she has been saying that since 10pm. Guess I got her hooked. The shower was not as many as I saw in 98 but then again the web page did say best seen in America and Europe. Still, I'm thankful that I manage to catch it at all. The last count was about 16 meteor and 17 airplanes, hehehe. Wished on every single one of it - minus the plane.

No comments: