Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Singapore Idol

Okay, before anyone get the wrong idea, I am not from Singapore nor do I live there. I am a Malaysian who happens to have the opportunity getting Singapore TV channels from home - I live in Johor, few minutes away from Singapore. The Malaysian Idol fever has finished with Jaclyn being crowned as the first Malaysian Idol and she deserve it too. Tonight is the final round for the Singapore Idol with Taufik Batisah and Sylvester Sim as the final 2.

I spent the afternoon on the net, multitasking as usual, doing work, talking to my baby - on the phone and on the net and discussing with my best buddy Eena about the outcome of tonight's show. The Singapore Idol fever is geniusly being build up by the Mediacorp by having interviews on the radio - Perfect 10 98.7fm Morning Show for those who has fallen out of the contest and for the standing idols each week after their performance night and of course not to mention the magazines. I don't like to watch the Singapore Idol at first but when you get to hear Daniel Ong and Grace Chua every single morning tapping about the idols throughout the 30 minutes journey to work, you tend to get the fever without realizing that you have it.

The most remembered Idol contestant would be Jerry Ong. He was being booed and jeered openly during any appearance mostly because of the fact that... okay I am being mean but here was what I hear most people say - he can't sing, but still he managed to last for so long. Jeassea (very complicated spelling, I don't think I even spelled it correctly) got voted out at the first spectacular round even though she sounded so good. That is the power of voting.

So anyway, Eena and I agreed that Taufik deserve to be crowned as the Singapore Idol tonight. His own version of Belaian Jiwa could melt anyone's heart. We'll see about that, and hope that he would.

My last comment - Jaclyn could win World Idol.


Taufik or Sylvester?

No comments: