Saturday, February 11, 2006

Freaky Friday

Image hosting by Photobucket
Image from www.ristoklint.com

Yesterday morning as I was driving the workers to one of our sites in Tebrau, by some freaky chance I witnessed 2 minor accidents by drivers who 'didn't-know-how-to-budget-their-car-while-overtaking-the-others'. One was between a Toyota and a Waja, the other was a Mercedes and a Wira. The foreign cars were just scratched but yet again the damage on those 2 Protons were bad. It was already a common knowledge that most Proton are not hardy. When I was 5 or 6 a Proton Saga crashed into my mom's Morris Minor. My mom's car was only scratched, the Proton Saga looked like it smashed into an electric post.

And then my phone fell off the dashboard. It didn't manage to detect the sim card after the fall which is a surprise since it survived numerous fall harder than that one. The phone is old. Bought it since 5th July 2003. Thats the date on the battery sticker since I managed to smash the original housing on the edge of the desk in lecture class after a month using it. I'm not going to say that I am going to buy a new one as last time I just thought of it, my old Nokia 3210 was stolen in a bus ride. Just hope this one would stay until I couldn't even use it. After a few knocks, the phone went okay. *sighs, I really love my LG5300 even though the silver colour at the battery side already faded from my hand mark. I have never changed the battery unlike last time, I changed the 3210 battery 4 times in 3 years before I lost it. The phone is still good, minus the 'can't detect sim' hiccup that it gave me once in a while.

In the past, mobile phones are not a necessity. Time changed and seems like it is impossible for anyone not to have one. I need one for work since my bosses, the workers and I could communicate from the sites we have, chasing for suppliers, etc. For this weekend, I'm just going to spend it with my uncle's family. Going to go around with my cousin Irra for her new phone, so I'm just going to stay at the sideline and survey while I'm at it.

And today... aaargh.. I just have to stay over supervising at the site for a VIP visit for the grand launch of one of the housing developments that we take care of. Happy weekend \(^_^)/

No comments: