Sunday, February 26, 2006

Rain...

Image hosting by Photobucket

Rain - Madonna
Rain, feel it on my finger tips,
Hear it on my window pane,
Your love's coming down like,
Rain, wash away my sorrow,
Take away my pain,
Your love's coming down like,
Rain...

November Rain - Guns N Roses
And when your fears subside,
And shadows still remain,
I know that you can love me,
When there's no one left to blame,
So never mind the darkness,
We still can find a way,
'Cause nothing lasts forever,
Even cold November rain...

Lady Rain - Indecent Obsession
Lady rain, I hear you at my window,
Lady rain, I need you softly falling on my face,
Why did the sun shining come and take you away,
I wait for you again my lady rain...

Kiss the Rain - Billy Myers
Kiss the rain, whenever you need me,
Kiss the rain, whenever I'm gone, too long,
If your lips, feel lonely and thirsty,
Kiss the rain, and wait for the dawn,
Keep in mind, we're under the same sky,
And the nights, as empty for me, as for you,
If you feel, you can't wait till morning,
Kiss the rain, kiss the rain, kiss the rain...

Early Morning Rain - Bob Dylan
In the early morning rain with a dollar in my hand
And an aching in my heart and my pocket's full of sand
I'm a long way from home and I miss my loved ones so
In the early morning rain with nowhere to go

An apt theme for a rainy morning. Though anyway after listing all those songs that have to do with rain, I just realized that most of them are sad songs. I wonder if the portrayal of rain is as gloomy as that. Granted, too much rain is not good but occasional rain is fine. I love the smell of rain on freshly cut grass, but I definitely dislike the smell of rain hitting the hot tarmac road (now I sound more or less like my brother's recent entry on rain). Still cloudy and rainy outside...

No comments: