Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Late Report - Bon Odori 2006

It was nearing the weekend and I was assign to supervise a site that is due to launch during the weekend. It was the Bon Odori weekend in Shah Alam. I was working previous Sunday and I would be nuts if I work straight 2 Sundays and miss my chance to attend the J-Ent Malaysia gathering on the 15th July. At first my boss said yes, on Friday morning. I straight away called up my mom for our traveling arrangement. An hour later, my boss said no - after my mom just returned from the bus station. Mendokousai. After a few session of reasoning (and begging) my boss gave me the green light to take the whole weekend off - Finally, with the condition (there's always a catch) that I prepare the drawing for the site before I go off.

Then my lovely cousin called me at 7-ish informing that she would also be going back to KL that night. I totally forgot her being in Pontian since I basically stayed with my uncle in JB the whole week. Long story short, I went over to her house before she sent me at Harshaz's place in Bangi.

Okay I did say last time that I don't meet up or give out my hp number to strangers. For the weekend, it was a huge exceptional. We have been communication through the forum and soem of them I met first time during the gathering. The beauty of it is, we hit it off right away. Arashi fans united!!!

So anyway as I reached Harshaz's & Buzzy's place Lina and Linda was already there. Linda did a topple over - I didn't give her an exact confirmation whether I would come or not as a surprise XD Drove over to Mid Valley to meet the rest and it was quite a crowd. Some of us traveled far for the gathering, sugoi!! We played bowling, had lunch, chat (like duh) and left for Shah Alam at about 5 ish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Interesting crowd looking over the First Press booklet for Arashic - aku pun join sama XD

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Yame active collecting bowling money.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Gundek Nino, your name on board still cracks me up ^^

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Group picture in front of the Cosmic Bowl at Midvalley. Pic courtesy of Harshaz. Guess which is me, hahaha.

The stadium gate would be opened after 5 so our timing was just nice. The traffic was starting to build up towards the parking lot of the Panasonic factory next to Matsushita Sports Center. Busses are adding with a steady flow of people wearing yukata (summertime kimono) and yes, there are even girls wearing tudung who also wears yukata. Looks cool.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The stage

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The kawaii kodomo who sat next to us

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Us - I was holding the balloon that was later being consumed by Lafa, hehehe

At the gate we were given uchiwa (fan) each and the food stalls were already opened. The food there are all expensive so we shared and I have to admit - I am very very addicted to daifuku. There are other things that I tried that I rarely ate like yakisoba and okonomiyaki. The drum starts at 7 pm followed by the cultural dance. It was fun when people are joining over for the dance. The last dance was my favourite because the steps are interesting and very easy to follow. The dance broke off and we went for prayer. Dinner was great with picnic-like atmosphere by the track. The event ended at 9.30pm and all of us went back to Bangi with Arashic played on the CD player.

Slumber party time. We watched One Concert over and over, oohing and aahing over our boys - especially the part when Sho and Nino was being naughty. There won't be fun without a session of A No Arashi so Lafa and Shooqi did their version by justifying whether helium could really effect people's voice. The result - true XD Then we wached the latest G No Arashi and I admit, I was the first person to fall asleep in the group. Even Lina who was sick slept later than me and Jun's new hair-do failed to keep my eyes open.

It was great and fun. My mom was quite surprised when I told her that everyone that I met during the weekend (except for Linda) are my new friends and that I have never met them before this. We have the same interest. The bond of Arashian, eh?

No comments: