Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Tak Cukup Tanah Tuesday

I sent a fellow collegue over to Hospital Sultanah Aminah today because he's suspected to be contracting dengue fever. The crowd at the hospital as always was crazy. I always found myself looking for a parking space and drive around and round and round for I don't know how long before finding a spot. It's always, and I mean ALWAYS a spot far off from the block. Though that's minor compare to anything else.

I haven't been to HSA for a long time. The last time was more than a year ago when one of my cousin was suspected with the dengue fever. I don't know which block is which and the signboard were not helping at all. Neither does some nurses that I met along the way. The first one I met was snapping at me and acted all high and mighty for not knowing where is the Out-Patient Department. Her exact word, "Mana boleh awak tak tau OPD mana." Like, hello? I don't live at the hospital. When I asked for direction all she said was look for the sign.

Sign?! Which?!

The first signboard that I found for the OPD was junctions away. Good thing the other nurse with her was friendly and warm to provide me the direction. Thank you. I found the OPD and well guess again, the nurse at the reception was snapping at the patient before me. The patient was asking if it's possible to open her stitch in a very polite note. She didn't bring the letter for it and then the nurse started snapping like the patient was a total dumb. Couldn't she at least talk nicely that it's not possible to remove the stitches without the documentation? It's not like the patient was shouting in the first place. Afterwards the ordeal was fine, minus the numerous counters that we had to go before finally having a consultation with the doctor.

There were of course, lots of consultation room open and again some of the nurses were snapping and biting it just peeved me off. When my collegue had to be transported to the ward block, all I asked was where is block D and then the nurse in charge was saying in an angry note, "Wad mana saya mana tau, awak pergi sanala." Rude and not answering my question. The nurses at the ward was luckily, warm, friendly and accomodating. Thank you again.

I just don't get it. People goes to the hospital to recover from their illness though, how could anyone recover with the "warm" treatment showed by the respective nurses? Is the pay that low that they bite and snap? Or was the sick people bothering them?

*Sighs.

No comments: