Friday, June 01, 2007

Rush Rush...

After much waiting and delaying, finally I spent my part of the holiday spending my time at the cinema doing a back-to-back movie marathon - for Shrek 3 and Pirates of the Caribbean - at World's End. Had already planned for the marathon since before the holiday started with my bro. Good thing my brother and I are students so we both qualified for the RM5 ticket price, ngehehehe. But one thing that I have to say - the cinema ad at GSC Leisure Mall was so darn long that I guess I've seen nearly all the upcoming movie preview. Pirates of the Caribbean was supposed to start at 11.20am. The movie started - in all honesty - at 11.50am. Gile lama. the whole cinema was half-groaning watching the ad back to back. I mean imagine watching 3 advertisement of the same item back to back and that was not the end of it, uwahhhh.

Done yapping on the advertisement, now let's get back to the movies. I definitely like POTC 3 better than the 2nd one. The reason - the did not recycle the jokes from the previous episode that much, and, *spoiler alert* I have to say, the part when Will Turner became captain *not going to say more on that* had to do all I could not to say "kakkoi!!!!" aloud. Well for those who plans to watch it and haven't yet, a tip from me try to wait when the credit rolls in the end. When all the credit was done there's something at the end of it. Of course la, most were already up and leaving the cinema house when the credit starts to roll in. It was only a short part but enough to tell what happened to Will & Elizabeth.

Shrek 3 - another good movie, enough to make me laugh my soles off. Girl power oozes off from the movie when the princesses and a queen was fighting for Far Far Away. Their adaptation on high school was funny with the nerd playing chess, jocks was jousting, cheer leading group and all that. Overall, I like both movies.

After Leisure Mall, off we went to Holiday Plaza to meet another pirate. I was aiming for Nino's Letters from Iwojima, hoping that they might have Japanese movies on the rack. What greeted me on sight was that ALL the vcd store was closed - well not exactly closed. Their door happened to be closed but as I approached one of the guys, saying I want to buy DVD, they opened the shop, enough for me to get in and closed the shop. I have never felt so sweaty palmed and nervous before just buying DVD. Of course la I had to ask the guy.

"Semua tutup kedai. Ada rush ke?"
"Ya, lor. Suppose 1 sampai 5 petang."

Wallawei *_*

It was 5.30pm and they were still on guard. My bro was asking for 24 season 5 and they took a long time to get that particular series to the shop. My imagination was running amok thinking what would happen if suddenly the shop was rushed - with me and my bro in it *shivers*. I got my Iwojima and I was more than glad to get out of the shop and went straight back home.

What a way to end the day @_@

Oh, and Iwojima is certainly great. True to the review which dubbed it better than it's counterpart - Flag of Our Fathers, the movie seems more humane except from the part when the soldiers opted to kill themselves with the hand grenade, erk.

No comments: