Sunday, July 22, 2007

Horcruxes and Hallows


2 years of wait.

Hundred miles of journey.

I finally completed my collection ^_^

Despite the refusal of 4 major bookstores to sell the books to walk-in customers, there's still Carrefour and Tesco. Of course lah I was one of the buyers in Carrefour since I did not know which part of the country I would be on July 21st - whether in Serdang or in Besut. Besides, the price was rm40 worth of difference. I was already gone bonkers with all the promotions when I went to Megamall on the 20th with my sister to send off a cousin there. I was about to reserve a copy at MPH but then again, I was wondering if I have the energy to rush on the commuter train from UKM early in the morning to queue up for the book. Then my lifesaver - I heard the commercial on the radio that Carrefour will be selling it too. Went to Carrefour Alamanda to make a reservation that very afternoon and off I went home with a relieved heart. Night time, went out for dinner with my sayang, all was well.

Morning came, I shook my sister up from her slumber (chewah) and rushed to Alamanda. I was one of the first 100. The special gift was not much but I really like the poster that I got for pre-ordering the book. Then I was lost in my own world. My sister might as well talk to a brick wall since I did not hear anything that she said - except for sending her back to the Gemilang Hall and fetch her at 3 for our hi-tea at Palm Garden.

The book was marvelous. The theory that my brother and I made about someone was right on target. I kept on sms-ing Edda, another avid reader/ex-classmate of mine each time one of the main characters were killed. So many died and I could not help but cry when one of them went down. One will lose an ear. The hunt for horcruxes were very challenging and the search for the Deathly Hallows adds up the complicated journey. Harry will become someone else's godfather and the final battle on Hogwarts ground was a masterpiece. Who would have thought that the motherly Molly Weasley could duel heads on with Sirius' killer? She even gave the bloody witch a very hard time at it. The final duel - Harry against Voldemort... you just have to read it yourself.

The ending was lovely. I really love it. 10 stars for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!!

I'm just wondering which part of the book will they hack the when it comes for this book to be made a movie. So far my friends were highly disappointed watching Order of Phoenix - so I'm not going to watch it either. The Half-blood Prince.... pass it too maybe.

No comments: