Saturday, August 14, 2004

Paycheck

I haven't realized that I have not been writing off anything in my blog - until Dayah pointed it out that she missed reading my post (hehehehe rindu jugak awak kat blog kita ye?) My logic part of the brain haven't been functioning properly since the day my paycheck was cleared off, hehehehe. what else could a girl do when she got her first full paycheck other than shop and pampering herself? Actually i have been delaying for a day when it got cleared due to an unsuspected high fever and flu. As always, there are good thing that come out of the fever - I get an MC and get more time to spend at home and of course get to spend more time with Jeff although I fell asleep on him quite a number of time while we were talking. Bangbil gave me one good cure for a fever - shopping when everyone else at work. I would consider doing that but then again my head felt that it weighs a ton. Anyhow I also managed to get my passport done (my dad drove) because my boss has been telling me that she wanted to get me to Singapore for more ideas on the landscape (how can I not love my job?)
My brain was rapidly planning on the shopping spree on the next day when I feel slightly better. A slight flu won't stop me from pampering myself. Actually I only went to Jusco Taman U, since it has nearly everything that i want. Besides, it is nearer to my office and thinking about making a trip to City Square makes me feel sicker. I am excited on going for the shopping but 5.30 pm traffic jam at Jalan Wong Ah Fook is not where I want to be in at any cost. Besides, the parking ticket there is rated by hour, hehehehe.
My first stop was to MPH bookstore. I haven't been reading a lot lately and embarrassingly I nearly don't know what has been going on in the local and international scene until my mom pointed it out during dinner when I asked her why is she suddenly so interested about helicopter. Apparently I missed out on the news where a helicopter was lost in Sarawak and there haven't had any trace on it for weeks. So then I vowed myself to read the newspaper once a week - okay so once a week is okay other than nothing at all. But then again my choice of reading material that I bought in MPH has nothing to do with the current news. Its a paperback novel and its a fiction.
Then I went to Secret Recipe. The thought of steamy mushroom chicken and the carrot slice makes my mouth water and makes my already empty tummy grumbles. Of course after gathering up all the energy needed for the shopping, off I go armed with a basket. I get so caught up getting things into the basket since everything looks so good and of course the price is good too. Bought lots of stuff for my brother's car.... ehem, my car now, some toiletries, clothes, food for my ever hungry little brother at home and of course some...... okay that one is personal so I won't tell it off in here.
The shopping spree was great though I have started calculating on how much I have spent and then I actually stunned myself with the amount. The surprise is, I still have lots in my wallet and I didn't go overboard with the spending. Maybe I could start making that as a monthly routine :D September is coming real soon and I might bring someone along for the expedition. Wonder if he last, hahahahaha

No comments: