Thursday, May 18, 2006

And So...

I did not manage to get my tooth out today because I didn't know that Thursday is appointment day. That means I still have 3/4 or my wisdom intact, hehe.

It also seemed like the dental clinic was almost deserted with most staff going on meetings, off day and MC. I brought my mak over with me, knowing that she would love to meet up with her old friends while I am supposedly to be occupied with the teeth thingy. Plans had changed. The polyclinic was near to empty so we both went to the main clinic at the Hospital area. There of course, we get to meet up her old friends and I admit we did cause some commotion for the few 5 minutes. Everyone was talking at the top of their lungs seeing my mak and at first they did not recognise me. Me, the same kid who climbed up and down the table at my mak's office everytime I came back from kindergarten. I thought they knew until after nearly 30 minutes of moving in and out they were like, "Lah, Diah ke ni?!" and the commotion started again.

Afterwards, we went over to Pasar Tani buying groceries, vegetables, some this and that for the kitchen. Been ages since I accompanied my mak to the market because most of the time she or my abah went to do the shopping over the weekdays when I was at work. There at the market, again, we stopped so many time because we bumped into my mak's friends who worked at the Land Office very near to the place. It was a good thing because my mak is a retiree so meeting up with old friends would of course would consume up some time. Just like everytime I get to meet up with my old friends *grins.

After the market, went over to Avon shop for my supply of beauty stuff which only consist of perfume and the 'Kedai Apek Kaki Ayam' for ingredients to bake cakes at the opposite of it. Apparently my mom's cousin asked her help to bake some fruitcake for her daughter's, my second cousin's wedding at the end of the month. More than a week to go but my mak wants to get it all ready before the occasion. Then we went over to Courts Mammoth and afterwards to the wet market behind the area, looking for ikan tenggiri because my mak want to make some 'botok-botok' (steamed fish cooked with spices and lots of vegetables) for the wedding too.

By the time we finished up the chores, it was afternoon. Feeling a bit tired but happy since I haven't done shopping like this with my mak for months. Then I went to bed for a nap, hahaha.

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Mak.

No comments: