Sunday, May 07, 2006

off COURSE

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Been weeks since my last post, I know. I have been busy and of course there was the laziness factor that assaulted me during the hectic period. It had been a rather interesting weekend for me. As of today, I have added yet another certificate in my folder. The Pre-Marital Course certificate, hehe.

Don't get me wrong. By attending the course, it does not mean that I have a wedding plan this very near future. I don't even have a prospective groom - yet. Truth was I accompanied one of my friends to the session. The participants mostly came with their future-to-be-other-half, some came alone since their prospective spouse lived in different state. Since my friend was alone, she predicted that she would be bored to death just in case the lectures would be boring and I happened to have an extra day off, I agreed to sign in for the course. There is no expiry date for the certificate unless you've gone through a divorce (not included for widows/widowers, and polygamist) so I thought, what the heck? Just take it.

The registration started Saturday, 6th May at 1.00pm. As we were about to sign for the attendance, it hit both of us that the majority of the girls were born in '84 based on their Identity Card number. We were one of the few 'eldest' people in the girl's crowd. Things got a little bit uncomfortable for me when the girls were asking about my supposedly 'other half'. After a few while some of them were showing off their invitation cards *sweat. There were also a rather elder man among the participants - whose phone kept on ringing consistantly and spoke at the top of his lungs in the middle of the class, one guy who kept on cracking jokes while the lecturers were speaking, a girl who 'melatah lucah' 24/7, another girl who kept on texting someone on her phone (and her phone keypad sound was annoying me to the max) and kept on kicking my friend's seat. In short the attendees were interesting. I realized at the end of the course during the certificate giving session, there was an x-schoolmate of mine was also there though I doubt he remembers me since we were in different class... or was he? (x-STMI1 - ingat tak Helmi Selamat?)

The course was very informative. There were 11 modules/classes which covered nearly all the aspects of a marriage - the preparation and what might come in the future, how to settle the conflicts, economic part of a family, clear cut of the wife's and the husband's responsibilities and the procedures of a marriage if the spouse lives in the same district, different states and even different countries.

The classes yesterday was interesting, as for today it was a bit drag. Maybe it's just because that I have to sit from 8am to 6.30pm non-stop and it drained out all of my energy. Rumours - maybe starting from next month they are going to add more modules to the course ^_^ I'm done with it, woohoo!!!

松潤と櫻井翔、大好き!!!

No comments: