Saturday, May 12, 2007

Sightings

Have you ever encountered any scary situation in your life?
I had my fair share before at school and at this particular hostel - Mr. Poch, Mr. Black thingy with red eyes and Ms. laugh-back-at-my-laugh.
But nothing compared to what happened this early morning.

I slept at my friend's room since both of our room-mate was away. I slept on the empty bed and I have to say that I slept quite early at about 11ish pm. Sometime afterwards I was kinda realized, in between my conscious and sub-conscious mind 'something' went past over me. Then I felt that my hair was being brushed. Well at first it was just feeling like something was combing my hair. I thought it was kind of funnyla because all I thought was "Okay, feels good as long as it doesn't tangled up at the end of the hair tip."

Then it hit me, you have seen how the beds here were arranged. How is it possible for anyone to comb my long hair without even turning it to my left side? Then I felt like my hair was combed with something sharp. Something that felt like blade tip on my scalp. I woke up just to feel myself being trapped and unable to move. Darn it. I haven't gone through that for years so I tried to do what experience taught me - move my head to snap out from the immobility. Then I felt like the thing went to my backside *author's note: I was sleeping facing the wall on my right side*. I could move just to feel my head snapping back to it's original place. Then I tried calling for my friend with all I could, even if I felt my mouth was stuck but I knew I managed to cry out something.

And then I heard a voice.

"Panggil lah lagi."

Kurang ajar punye hantu.

All the sudden after some fighting, I could move. I looked at my phone beside my pillow. It was 1.52am. I looked at my friend, she seemed to be asleep. But then she looked at me and opened her eyes. Punyela berderau darah.

"Akak ngigau la tadi."

"Ye ke? Ngigau ape?" I asked, just to confirm myself if what I had gone thrrough was just a dream or not.

"Ntah, macam bunyi org nangis. Bunyik tak bukak mulut pastu kepala gerak-geraklaaa. Hish, akak ni, time ni laaa nak ngigau."

Then I heard the sound of a cat meowing very weirdly outside. I've heard that sound before. It does not sound like cats in mating heat or in a fight. It sounded like it was moaning very long and at certain level it sounded like a baby mewling *shivers*. My neck felt like I had a session of 'salah bantal' in the morning which miraculously went away after I went for my Subuh prayer.

No comments: