Monday, February 11, 2008

*Tuneless whistle*

Yeah, been so long since I've written and too many things happened in between.

Well there was Heath Ledger's demise, a demise of an unfortunate monkey who managed to get to the Parit Selangor's power generator, got electrocuted and managed to keep my home area without electricity from 4.30pm to 1am. That was just fine and dandy *snickers*.

It was this early February when our school held the yearly sports day since the zone level tournament was due at the end of the month or early march. This is the first time ever, and I mean EVER that I was placed in green house. Before this in primary and secondary school I was in yellow house. Of course, during primary school yellow house was the weakest but good thing that in secondary school yellow house was one of the leaders. So anyway as for the school's green house, they always say that green house is the closest to the grass. Meaning - always the last and the bottom.

For this year, since the new school building is constructed, the field is off limits so we have to make do with whatever we have. The green house held their training - by borrowing another school's field and we do get some 'good-natured' ribbing for our enthusiasm since we're the only team who did. The rest did theirs around and outside the school compound, along the road and wherever that may be.

Brought 3 pupils back home since we held the event at a secondary school nearby home, and it was way much convenient than having to go back and forth to school and fetch those kids. With the electricity off and my eyelids nearly shut, I was running out of ideas to keep the girls entertained. I asked them multiplication questions throughout the hours and finally I caved in as I was waiting for their answers. My mom was thoroughly delighted with the girls' presence and *gasp* told me that she would so like to have them back home >_>

So anyway, the next day. Green house went off for a good start. We got the first gold. Had to take the picture while we were still leading, hehehe.

Then our star long jumper was injured -_-* who also happened to be one of our relay runners. My hope went downhill from that point during the relay when we were the slowest for the 1st runner but perked up again as our 3rd and 4th runner managed to catch up with everyone. We won!!! For the relay la. I promised the girls for a treat at Skudai's McD if they got the first place. 2 did and 1 didn't. Treat time!!!




For all it's worth, we managed to climb a step to the 3rd placing which was great. There's always a next time ^_^

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

cekgu! gamba cekgu tadek keh? o_O

Diah said...

cekgu sebok amik gambar n jadi pengadil :p