Saturday, July 10, 2004

Friends Forever

Throughout the short duration of my 22 years of life I have come across so many people, some that I could call my friends and some whom i categorised in the 'to be aware of' group. Living away from my family since secondary school years throughout college has taught me a lot about people's personality. Not that i'm implying that I am an expert in people's behaviour but when you get to live under one roof with the same people for 5 whole years, seeing them at the dining hall, shower room, classroom, school hall every single day, you get to learn more about their habit, their likes and dislikes and of course, the bad habit that they have when they think no one was watching, hahahaha.
If there's one thing that I tend to be lazy about is to keep in touch with all of them. I am still in touch with my 'partners in crime' and it is surprising what life brings us when we go on separate ways after secondary school was over. My friend Nofie, she was with the well reputed anti-boys attitude actually became the first among us to get married and now currently fullhanded with her newborn baby. Another friend, along (pronunced as ah-long), the one who's famous for her laser beam eyes when any boys show interest on her turned to be her newself. I honestly don't know where she is now but i hope her all the best. The future is always unpredictable and when it comes, we only have to learn how to get along with it.
In college things doesn't change as much but there are some distinct difference. I would say that the hours that we spent together at the studio makes our bond even stronger. We do assignments, had our meals, slept on the carpet/unused softboard/sleepingbag/chair for so long that we sometimes forget wht it feels to finally sleep on a bed and of course we share lots of our problems together. In a way the friendship bond turns to be a whole lot like a sibling relationship. We bicker a lot and still look after each other - well of course except for that one particular backstabber. There were less than 10 girls in my batch and in a way that makes us somewhat special in the studio. There were 60 students when we first got started, 33 survived the first year and 23 are going to be graduating next week. A friend in need is definitely a friend indeed and you can never have too many of them in your life


Picture taken in KLIA March 2004 - Sent Azhar back home


Fraser Hill 2nd yr

No comments: