Sunday, July 11, 2004

Lessons in life

Live life to the fullest - one of the most famous word if i ever hear on life itself. Today my parents went to 2 funerals. I don't know who they are but one of them is a distant relative of mine. It kinda generate me to think about life and death (wow deep topic here). If there's any event that i hate most, it would be the funeral. I could still remember one incident when i was younger, i was probably 5 or 4. It is surprising how i manage to remember every single bit of it. I woke up crying one morning and ran to my mom in the kitchen where she was having breakfast. I remember telling her I don't want to die because i dreamt that I was being buried. Mom reassured me that everything is going to be fine but the dream is still in my head. The first time that i lost my friend when i was 12. I lost him to leukimia. In 2002, I lost another friend but this time in an road accident. He was so upset about the previous presentation and was bent on returning home which is 3 hours frm campus. You can never predict when is your time. One day you might see people around you all healthy and laughing and who knows you might lose them the next day. And maybe next day it would be your turn.
I read a James Patterson's book titled Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and i've come across the lesson of 5 balls. It is more or less like this:-
Imagine that you are a juggler juggling 5 balls that represents things that matters most in life ~ family, friends, health, integrity and work. You try hard to balance all 5 balls but then you finally understand that work is a rubber ball. If you drop it, it will bounce back but family, friends, health and integrity is made of glass. If you drop one of it, it might be nicked, scarred and sometimes even shattered. Once you know the meaning of this lesson, you might see life in a different perspective.
Since i read that line from the book, I was thinking that it is right. Its the people that you care for most matters and not the career or material possession that you have. You can always get a new job even its hard to do so but if you lost a person that u love most in a fight and get them back after sometime, it won't be as it was before. I'm trying to live by the lesson of 5 balls and even if sometimes it is hard to make everyone happy at the same time but i try to. You never know how much time you have left with them

1 comment:

Diah said...

well cousin dear, thats because you are weird. of courselah kan, we did expect someone to be dead and that someone is suzanne, bukannye nicholas sekali. heh, apekemendelah yg sedih sgt pasal cinderella 98? my, you are weird.