Friday, July 23, 2004

Letters, Packages and Post Services

i woke up at 4 in the morning to find Jeff's messages saying that he'd received my package. I was surprised because i was expecting that the parcel might come in late and that is after Jeff's birthday. Now i know that I should not underestimate the national courier service. HIDUP POSLAJU!!! I mailed it last week when i was in Serdang because last time I went to Taman U's post office, the officer was giving me a hard time with the package specifications and all those nonsense that it took up most of my time but didn't manage to get anything out of it. Weirdly enough when i went to UPM's post office, the officer there just took the parcel and processed it, no questions at all. Maybe I should try my luck sometimes at the main Poslaju office in Skudai - Serdang is way too far from JB, hahahaha.
I'm really glad that he loves everything I put in it. I have a memory with the the shirt on the teddy bear that I sent him. I did some addition needlework to the shirt and at that time I was sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed. I was too caught up with the needlework until i felt a really painful feeling at my thigh - like a needle pricking but i don't have any needle lying around other than the one that I was holding. I was so darn surprised when I saw a huge centipede (ie: lipan, tikar buruk, etc, etc) at my thigh. I got up, smacking it away but i didn't see it on the floor. It was stilling itself at my shirt and so I swept it off away. Creepyyyyyyyyyy. I was shaking at that time, my parents were asleep and i didn't even make a sound when I was frantic getting the thing off me. Told my mom 2 days after and she was kinda mad because i just leave it away to live. Besides, centipedes are poisonous and dangerous. I was lucky that the bite mark didn't become badly swollen, kinda remembered wht my late granma told me if a centipede bites and did that (not gonna tell you wht I did).Okay back to the package.
I was asking about what he thinks about all the things i put in the box and the hard part comes when Jeff asked me to help him choose a name for the bear. The first name that he chose was Jan for Jeff And Nads (isn't he sweet?) it sounds good for what it stands for but Jan is like an abbreviation for January so we go on to the next choice we have which is none. The name that i came out with sounds real funny and Jedi was one of it. He went kinda mad when i suggested one name because it was made from a part of his middle name which he said, it sound's like a loser's name. Doesn't sound like it to me but his middle name is kinda weighing down his whole name. Anyway we finally agreed on the name June because it is the month that we got together. Even when a few minutes later i pointed out that that is my aunt's name, he was pretty set on naming the bear June. I guess the name does fits. June marks off our relationship and i know i feel a whole lot happier since that particular month. If naming your kids as hard as that, I don't know how long will it take before a name is finally chosen. Probably the whole 9 months, hahahaha.
Anyhow, i bought a new book from James Patterson. Its kinda like Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas and the title kinda sound the same. Sam's Letter for Jennifer. Hope its as good as Suzanne's diary. probably finish it tonight. I'm off, to my room, ciao

No comments: