Wednesday, November 10, 2004

Heelies from Hell

The nearer it gets to the holiday, the crazier the crowd at the shopping complex begin and the crazier the price slash. Spent my day yesterday with Eena and her boyfriend Helmi. The original plan was only for both of us to go and check out stuff at Plaza Angsana and accompany her in finding her baju raya. Since Helmi was feeling kind of left out when us girls went out together, he joined us. It was okay actually because he paid for the food :D Traffic was crazy on the way to Angsana due to the heavy rain and people who are doing last minute shopping because Thursday is already a holiday for Deepavali. Most I know, including Eena start taking Eid holiday from Deepavali towards after Raya. Lucky her. Since I don't have annual leave yet (have to wait a year for that) I made a compromise with Ms Lee that I would work on Deepavali in exchange for a day off on Wednesday.

We broke the fast at Vivo Restaurant because of the Ramadhan buffet promotion that went on there. We piled up everything we could - buruk lantak sikitlah, and sat at our table to wait for azan. One thing we found odd is that the mushroom soup tasted funny. To be exact, it was burnt-off funny. We look skeptically at other table. One uncle actually ate the soup greedily like it was the best soup ever and so does some other people at other tables, dipping garlic bread into it and sipping them. Was it our taste bud or they couldn't tell that the mushroom soup taste awful? Anyway we cleared off our pizza plate, arranged our bowl of soup in it nicely and snuck it on the dessert table next to us to make way for other food at the buffet table. A few minutes later, horrificly we found that one of the soup bowl was gone. If the waiter/waitress took it why does he/she have to leave the other 2 bowls? We burst out laughing at the thought of someone actually ate our leftover-but-looked-like-untouched soup.

Set out our shopping journey afterwards and boy, was it eventful. Kids all over with their heelies on making misfits and bumped into us so many times. We even thought that they sound they made from wheeling over the wood verandah over our head was the thunder. Eena was picking up her prospective dress and one thing that we found out, my opinion and Helmi's clashed. When I said the dress looks nice, Helmi doesn't and when he held out a dress for Eena to look, I gave it thumbs down. Went around until 9 when 3 of us finally agreed upon a dress, after giving comments like "Macam minah kampung daa" on a very short kebaya and "Eh, mbok dari mana?" on a batik print dress as Eena stepped out of the fitting room. But sadly, The L size dress is way too big for Eena and the M size was restrictive. At 9.30pm I surrendered and took my leave because my eyes were drooping. I woke up yesterday at 12 midnight and haven't slept since.

Driving was a very hard feat providing that the road towards home mostly doesn't have any lights and I was so sleepy. Got home 14 minutes after CSI started and watched it, but at the end it was CSI that watched me. Went into my bedroom, start off my pc, connected to the internet and I was lost the moment I put my head on the pillow while waiting for my yahoo to log on. Had a nightmare that I became a school prefect at primary school (which I actually was) and trying to fend off kids wearing heelies. Woke up after the nightmare and found out that Jeff was online 18 minutes after I logged into yahoo. Darn I missed him again *sighs.

A day in the life of a person named Nadiah, with a screwed up sleeping time hehehe.

No comments: