Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Tick.... Tock..... Tick..... Tock....


Anticipation sucks.

I hate the wait.

I'm talking about my order of 'Acheron'.

It was on sale in the US since August 5th.

Last week on Monday, I was checking the inventory at Kinokuniya's Bookweb for the arrival of the book. Surprise surprise, the book was in stock but was not on the shelf - yet. I just went ahead with my order, drove the merchandising department wild (sorry,to the Kino team, but you guys rocks! hehe) and sadly the book was for someone who special ordered earlier. I was just a heartbeat away from canceling my order when I saw the ebook was up for sale on Mobipocket. How can I not when the reviews were raving mad? I mean dang! 71 out of 109 readers gave 5 stars out of 5 on Amazon and 38 out of 38 gave 5/5 on Barnes & Nobles, Graaaahh!!!! I feel so very Simi-like right now.

Then again, nothing beats holding a first edition hardcover book that you've waited for years to be published - Not that I'm holding on to it now, so I waited since they said the estimated time the book might reach Kino KL is between 18th and 22nd August. That LONG?!! *sighs

Suddenly, on Sunday when I was at my distant aunt's wedding one of the Kino merchandising team members called me and said - THE BOOK WAS HERE!!!! The Kinokuniya KL Store I mean and will be couriered up on Monday, which was YESTERDAY!!!

Now I have to wait for the despatch to send me my 'Acheron'.

No comments: