Thursday, September 02, 2004

Serdang and Pontian

Its been about 5 months since I left Serdang after school ends and I sure miss it a lot. There's so many things that Serdang has that Pontian doesn't and even the city of Johor Bahru doesn't have. Some may disagree but if anyone ask me where is the best place to live in, I would say Serdang - minus the constant flooding at the main road in Seri Serdang and Taman Seri Andalas.
I miss the convenience that could be found there and of course I miss MINES Shopping Fair. Its a lot of things in one - the cinema, the bowling alley, the supermarket, the clothes shop, the shoes, all of it. The cinema in MINES makes me often visit there watching any movies that I like, whether its alone or with friends. There's also a record shop in there that sells album at a very low price, and its not Speedy or Music Valley.
I miss the mamak restaurant behind the mosque that sells the most wonderful Roti Tampal in the world (not exaggerating here). Its crispy, its tasty and the dhal sambal gravy is just the right taste - not so thick and not so watery. My friends and I usually go there before class starts or when we played hooky and skip class ;) The best nasi lemak, it would be at Maulana Food court behind Sekolah Menengah Seri Serdang. The best I've ever come across.
If anyone ask me which burger among all burgers in the world do i like most, I would have to say its the burger 'tepi jalan' sold at Burger Street Seri Serdang. Its actually a back alley behind the food court or which all of us in UPM normally call it 'Padang' where the municipality put all the burger stalls at. I miss the fattening beef patty (there's also chicken, fish and prawn but i love beef the best on burgers), the overflowing mayo, the cheese, the finely cut onion, the cucumber, the tomato...... all of it. Talking about it makes me miss it even more. My favourite stall would be the first one from the road near to the former Bumiputera Commerce building, managed by a team of father and son. Their burgers sure could beat up McDonalds and Burger King anytime and of course its much cheaper than the latter. RM2.30 (for daging cheese) vs RM4++, i would say burger street ROCKS!!!
Wow seems to me that I miss Serdang because of the food and Mines... yeah guess so. Thats one of the thing that any place couldn't rival. I miss Serdang and I miss my friends who are living and working there.

No comments: