Sunday, September 26, 2004

Additional Math = Head Crack

This evening while I was happily browsing through the webpage in the internet my brother came over, with a very inquiring and befuddled face showing a question in his additional math (calculus) workbook. He did not ask or say anything but just passed me the workbook and a pencil for me to work with. After insisting a piece of paper, I start pondering on it. It has been years since I do anything that have to do with calculus and believe me in secondary school, it is considered as a blessing if i could get anything other than F9 for it. Its always either P8 or F9 - my marks usually depend on the work out that I filled in the paper, and not on the accuracy of the answer. It always went wrong in the middle of it. I only get A1 once in it when the syllabus is still basic and that just it. It landslided to F9 afterwards, due to the burn out and well.... I have to admit I was a bit lazy. Modern math was easy but add math..... just gives me the creeps. An just laughed and said that he could see my face has a big bubble above my head showing a question mark and looking at the question with an expression equivalent to saying, WTF?

Anyway, like I said, its been a long time since I do calculus so I had to take a few minutes before starting it and stare at it good. It is a wonder that I still know how to do it. I got stuck at the quadratic and pass the paper back at him because I know he could go from there. But then again it gives him the right answer. Even if it does..... I don't think that I could go through it again, hahahaha. Add math sucks BIG time.

No comments: