Thursday, February 17, 2005

Colourful Awakening

Look at the time now - Its 12.31am and I am fully awake. 12.30am, big deal but where do I live right now, 12.30 equals to very very late and everyone would be in bed already as early as 9pm or 10pm. Thats village life where the residence are mainly made of old citizens.
Its the 10th night of the Chinese Lunar New Year calendar. If I could remember clearly, if I am at Serdang right now, I would wait on the faculty building side wing along with my friends who stayed back at the studio to see the vast expanse of firework from MINES for 5 days straight into Chap Goh Meh (If i'm not mistakenlah).
As for just now, it reminds me a whole lot when I was in campus during new year and chinese new year. At 11.50pm I was awake due to the noisy sound of firecrackers and fireworks around Parit Semerah. If I'm not living at the village side, I would have gone out myself to see the beautiful fireworks. Hope nobody got hurt or dead as some case happens elsewhere around Malaysia. For one thing the huge firecracker are being banned in Malaysia. That sure got me thinking how did they get supply.
Set aside the logic. By 11.55pm, I was not the only one awake. My mak was awake too and went to the nearest window with the fireworks display. I know if I went outside, she would went too, so I dashed out with my trusty camera. Sure reminds me a lot when I celebrated new year at KLCC because there were 3 main points where the fireworks come from. Seems like all of them are competing - from Taman Rakyat, Taman Saujana and Taman Damai.




Pictures that were taken from the Taman Saujana direction

The smell of burnt firecrackers invited me as I went outside and its already smoking - that figures on why the road was fogging so bad yesterday that I had to turn on the headlight in the bright daylight.

No comments: