Thursday, February 17, 2005

Love Letter

It has been an okay day so far... minus the fact that I only manage to chat up with Jeff for a few minutes before I went off to work today and that's about it *sighs. The electricity went out - again - at about 2.30pm as I was going up to the office with freshly bought curry puffs and popiah. I could hear someone from the lawyer's office was screaming. No doubt over the unsaved file. Ms Ooi was definitely busy typing the figures in the computer when the lights went off. As a consolation, I shared my snack with her. Since there's no electricity we drank plain water. It was a really hot day and I could barely open my eyes when I checked up on our site in the afternoon. The only source of wind was the door at Mr. Lok's office.

Power kicks in at about 4.30pm - about time. Did my work and met up for dinner with Eena and her friend Am. As always the hot and tasty chicken rice at Arked Meranti was my choice while Eena was sampling the hot plate yee mee at the newly opened stall. The chicken rice was great and I was done before their food reached our table (sangat buruk lantak). Its a self service food court - first come first serve and nothing could veer my attention from the chicken rice... erm... well someone could, *wink.

Got home at about 8.30pm and there it was - the 'love letter' that I dreaded so much. Well I am being sarcastic here. The love letter is actually the account statement of my student loan. It doesn't say anything about when to pay it but the hidden message is there. Always fun to spend but not fun to pay back *sighs. I already set up my payment account at my bank through the net a few minutes ago. The activation date is not determined yet... maybe I would in the next couple of month, hehehe. I remember reading the contract before signing it. They stated a sum for a duration of time. According to that I would have to pay that amount (if i follow it accordingly - more is encouraged, less is not) for the whole 15 years. Wow. My kids would be teenager by that time, hahaha. It inevitable anyway. PAY UP TIME!!!!
Anyway Eena asked me if I would like to go up and catch up Constantine at CS, along with Am. Yes I would, for sure. 11.15pm now. wonder if there would still be fireworks like yesterday. But who knows, I would already be in my bed, sleeping. See ya!

No comments: