Thursday, February 03, 2005

I'm seeing RED

Everywhere I go, I see red. Red boxes, red card, red light (that is given), red everything. Chinese New Year is coming, yeay!!!! and of course *ahem, my bonus. The phone at the office had been ringing incessantly from our fellow supplier asking whether my boss had issue out cheques for the previous payment and of course we do our own ringing to our client on our payment.

My boss calls that a normal occurence whenever Chinese New Year or Hari Raya is getting near. Since she had finally issued out a thick wad of cheques for me to sort through and call up the supplier yesterday, all of them came by in a matter of minutes - with boxes of lokam or mandarin orange. At one point she told me to hold all the cheque until they turn up with oranges at our doorstep.

I'm getting 1 box back home after work today (and I would probably the only one who gobble it all up before anyone could, hehehehe). What else is red and really tempting at this time of the year? It will be none other than the thick wad of ang pow (red packet) from my boss of course *batting eyelashes.

No comments: