Monday, February 21, 2005

Crappy Friday, Nice Weekend

So what happened to that presentation that I was talking about before? I presented it, they like it but we pulled out because my company... I mean the company that I work for doesn't do consultation work. We specialized in design and built which means, we design and build it too. I had a mixed emotion about my boss pulling out from the work. For one, I don't have to spend so much time on unnecessary job and I get a rest from designing. For another, feel like I'm wasting my time on that design. Heck, always look at the bright side, my brain is working and generating designs and that is good. I could always recycle that particular design on other unknown sites.

Went there with my boss - not as I expected. I thought I would be going alone because of the indications that she gave weeks earlier. After presenting, went to buy some stuff for the site operation people and had lunch. I should have expected that she would went to the JP site, but I did not expect that she would leave me to do the supervision work til its very late. I already promised Eena and Am that I would be watching Constantine with them after work. Told my boss too about it and guess what? they were stuck in the traffic on the way back. I was stewing and boiling when they finally went back at the site at 6.00pm. Both Eena and Am kept on calling me asking if I could make it or not. Heck yeah I could - or at least hope so.

So my boss was feeling guilty about the jam and offered to send me straight to City Square. My car is still at the office, but I don't worry that much about the security of the area. There are always 2 security guards guarding over the Mah Sing building so, my car is safe. My mind was focusing on getting to CS and reached there just in time. Eena and Am went in first as I went out buying and smuggling rotiboy in my bag. It was kind of flat when I got it out of the bag but still hot and tasty and I got Am hooked on it too. Eena was hooked on it 2 days before as I bought her the bread when she stayed back late at her office.

Constantine was nice and okay - hardly what you might describe for a horror action movie. There are lots of surprise scene and the ghost fight scene looks cool. Good thing I was done eating when the gore insect part comes in. But I still say leave the horror movies to the Japanese and Korean even when sometimes the story board gets too complicated and makes you say 'Huh?' in the end.

The movie ends at about 9.15pm and went around CS, bought some stuff before going back. Hitch a ride with Eena to the Bus Terminal to get a taxi from there to my office. I was so darn sleepy and the taxi driver was so darn chatty. It was good anyway because he knows a lot about landscape and nursery and while we were talking, I happen to heard that he calls his girlfriend 'Kajol' (She's one of the top Bollywood actress, hee hee hee).

Saturday was fine only that I was having a bad case of diarrhea. I was not the only one - my boss too. That was when I know, it must be the lunch that we ate at the mamak restaurant in aman Molek. Got home, chat with Jeff and he gave me a really good news. He'll be coming here in March YEAY!!!!!!

No comments: