Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Crazy Minah Behind the Wheel

I went out on a driving trip again. First to the Immigration office to settle up the business about our foreign workers. It was a surprise as the counter was packed up with people and I had to wait more than an hour for my turn. Maybe everyone was rushing before the Chinese New Year holiday and of course, many from what I heard was settling the problem about the current frozen VDR application for foreign worker until 26th April. Even the express counter doesn't seem so express anymore so I ended up watching the current tamil drama aired on TV3. The kid in that drama that I watched about 2 months ago while I was waiting at the Immigration had apparently grew up to be a successful inventor - or so i think.

Next stop was to the urban forest that held the landscape department for MBJB (Johor Bahru City Council) my internship place. Met up with a friend of mine and asked him about all the necessary things for a submission as I am going to submit in 8 sets (1 set = 1 linen blueprint + 3 blueprint + writing report + plant profile) of project drawing. I would have a heck of a day if the drawing gets rejected and have do some amendment. My fellow close buddies at the Graphic Unit were out doing site measurement so I didn't linger there that long.

Then I went to the Larkin terminal to buy ticket to go off to on Saturday after work to Serdang where on Sunday a friend will pick me up and head to my former housemate house in Jelebu Negri Sembilan for her wedding. I told her last time that if she wants me to come, do it on Sunday as its the only day off for me. She did, so I would feel really bad if I don't go.

I was sighing real bad when my boss pass me a tag from the POSLAJU to pick up a parcel at the main depot. I have never been there before and although its in Larkin where I actually lived in for 6 months of the internship. Knowing my sense of direction is kind of in a mess since my wrong turn event part 1 and part 2 I just know that this time I am going to be lost again. I did, but not for long. The map at the tag wasn't that helpful, it doesn't show any prominent landmark and of course no north point (even if they have the northpoint I don't know at which end of the compas I was at, hahaha). Found the depot, and on my way back there was a small accident at the junction involving 2 cars. Not just any car. To be specific, a silver Datsun crashed into a white Proton Perdana with the police logo on it. Yeah, you got that right, the guy actually crashed into a cop's car. Talk about being unlucky. Poor guy.

I went to the printing shop to drop off the cd for them to print everything off and went to Taman U for my lunch. There were a lot of unauthorized advertisement pasted on the tree along the way there and a few ad caught up my eyes.

BABYSISTER FOR HIRE
(never thought that I could hire a sister, hehehe though I know it meant babysitter for hire)

UBAT LELAKI KUAT, TAHAN & KERAS
translation - Men's medicine, strong, last & hard
(I just have to laugh on that one)

Well of course, many of us could find the 'Ubat lelaki kuat' ad anywhere - I know I found lots of those in Serdang and Kajang but for this one, the description went kind of graphic and I was like, huh? Had my favourite fried kueyteow at Jusco Arena Foodcourt after getting a phonecall from Jeff. I got the call while lining up and wait for my kueyteow to be cooked. Been a long time since I went out and eat alone at a diner. Last time it was in August after paycheck at Secret Recipe and the waiter was giving me an odd look when he ask me if I'm dining alone. Is there any wrong with that?

Jeff called again before both of us went to bed. A good end for a hectic day... until B-bo went in a fight with another cat outside. I just love and adore that cat.

No comments: