Saturday, February 05, 2005

Parking and Hot Rotiboy

I spent my night last night at my uncle's house before going up to KL and then to Seremban for my friend's wedding. I haven't bought any gifts yet so there I went after maghrib prayers with my cousin to City Square. Honestly I miss being at that house. Been a long time since I set foot there since my internship ends and things keeps piling up. The neverending noisy sound from the noighbours, the sound of kompang practise by the resident, the common squabbles in the family and of course the smell of someone cooking maggie mee at night that makes me hungry again.

Lingered around at CS for about and hour and found my gift. Actually its a trademark for me to get one type of wedding gift so that when they saw it, they know its me. My cousin gave me a look and said "Kak Diah, not that again." I smiled. Saw an engraving booth that looks so darn interesting and of course, anytime I went to CS, I always have this thoughts of getting more piercing to my ears and as always, I didn't go on with it. There's always other time, hehehe. Last stop was to a bakery. I forgot the name and never had the temptation to try it out because it has coffee at the bakery name and I don't like coffee. So when my uncle told my cousin to buy 6 of rotiboy there I was puzzled. What's a rotiboy? Boy punya roti (boy's bun.... sounds like something else, hahaha)? Bun with boy's head? Or is it that the baker is called Boy? I don't know why it is called that but the bun was WOW. It was piping hot and fresh from the oven thatI couldn't resist myself from eating it up while going towards the car.

My uncle lives at Flat Larkin so the parking was crazy. One of the unique thing is that due to the lack of parking space for the residents, they tend to park in front of other cars, just as long as they leave the handbrake down. I didn't own a car back then so I don't mind that much about parking space. Its a normal scene every morning to see someone moving and pushing the car to clear up the other car's way. When I parked my car in front of someone else's, I kind of got excited. Just to see where my car ends up when I am leaving for work this morning. It was short lived as my uncle told me in the morning that he parked my car at an empty spot when he got off from work, much longer than the time I got home.
Now I'm at the office, my bus ticket to KL is at 6.30pm. Going to drop off at Hentian Serdang and be making my way to Jelebu N9 on Sunday.

No comments: