Monday, May 23, 2005

2nd Day In Singapore

Woke up in the morning feeling gloriously flat and LATE!!! Subuh gajah le gamaknye. Did all the necessary routines and packed up my bag, called up Jeff before meeting up with the rest for our morning expedition. I was aiming for the visit to the Esplanade - as Jackee and James pointed out it looks like a durian. Well I don't care, durian or not, I want to see the architecture, the landscape and of course the Merlion.

First thing's first though - we have to get breakfast and so we walk around chinatown but the only open restaurant was McDonald's. Guess that 8.30 was too early and that was when I felt that I miss the mamak stall over in JB a lot. Went to the train station, thinking of trying our luck in finding a stall or restaurant over in Orchard but we changed our mind again taking a detour to Little India. We saw 3 Komala's restaurant that sells vegetarian food, at the first glance, we passed - thinking that we couldn't survive on vegetarian food alone but the at the 3rd restaurant of the same name at a different road, we didn't have that much of a choice, we were hungry and we needed food, and so we dined.

Took a cab afterwards to the Esplanade and I certainly love what I was seeing. Not many people would appreciate landscape with only not so much of a colour difference over at any housing development area or even cities in Malaysia. We tried but the client was always stressing on colour contrast but on the way to the Esplanade, I could see lots of different shades of green and the impact it gave was very good and very relaxing. Like my boss said when I was discussing with her at a time, not many would appreciate those mix shades of the same colour like both of us does but not most people. We are catering for them, not for ourselves.

I couldn't stop myself from snapping lots and lots of pictures - both lovely and silly ones and feeling glad that I had the 256mb xd-card in my camera. After done snapping around the place, we took a boat ride to Clarke Quay and on the way there I get to see the Merlion up close without having to walk over the place. The view was lovely that we knew going there on the boat was worth it. As we landed at Clarke all I could think that if anyone of my friends who were doing projects on urban design took Clarke Quay as their case study, they would score A. Then we went to Liang Court walk more and stopped by Kinokuniya until I got the call from granma. She would meet us up at the mrt station.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Couldn't keep my hand to myself :D

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My 'twin' of different set of parents, and I

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The famous Merlion

Again we walked more and at that hour I was cussing on my choice of shoes. I was wearing heels and that was certainly not suitable for a long walk - and I do mean long walk. Too many people around in Orchard Road so we went in and out of the shopping complex, until I heard a very familiar voice at Heeren- DANIEL ONG and GRACE CHUA!!!! my favourite morning madness crew on Perfect Ten for the Perfect Ten Dares You To session. Its actually a slot for dares, contestants were picked from the crowd and they won't know what they are going to do until after they were on the stage. When we reached there there were 2 pairs of couples and the dare was that they made the couple swap and made them french kiss the other person until they say stop for S$60. They did, which bro said, the S$60 was not worth it. And so we walked again, and we stopped for a while at the top floor and that time the dare was that a girl was made to lick something from a guy's sweaty arm pit for S$30.... yuck. But still we managed to polish off 2 plates of chicken wings on our next stop at a cafe in front of the Cathay Cineleisure.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Dan Ong, Grace Chua and the 2 couples

It was getting late and I had to go back to JB. It was a rat race going back, had to run off a few metres because the bus line was too long, my feet was killing me but I didn't care about it. The bus line was still long and my ride was still far away. I couldn't take it so I just walked towards Komtar from Tambak and took the cab - no matter how expensive its gonna be, I was just too tired to complain. Reached my uncle's house and fell flat on my back and slept. I was so darn tired but it was worth all of it.

No comments: