Sunday, December 16, 2007

Blast From the Past

I wonder if people here still remember Juliet The Orange, local duo made up of girls from KL who, in my opinion managed to make me stuck playing their cassette on my then walkman until the cassette was spoilt. I remember making my bestfriend buy the album and made him hooked. I've been searching up and low for the mp3 and voila! thanks to jiwang I managed to download it, hurrah!! As for the video, no luck. There was one in youtube but it wasn't the official MV. No Pin Lean and Mei May. That sucks.

So this is my favourite song - Eyelash. First time I heard the lyric, I was kind of blurred by the meaning of it. I mean, what was with the shoes, phone and the choc mousse? Well, eventually I understood and I like what I deciphered. Here's the lyric. Knock yourself out understanding it, hahaha.

Juliet the Orange - Eyelash.

Reality, infinity
All the pieces here
Athletic shoes, Chocolate mousse
Cellular phone in his room
You will see one day, I’m here to stay
Hold your hand to me
We’ll find a way

Lightning streaks, teary bliss
Slicking on the grease
With company you will see
What this all is meant to be
You will see one day, I’m here to stay
Hold your hand to me
We’ll find a way

( chorus )
Close your eyes, snip your lashes
They fall within the ashes
The frosty old feeling, will melt oh so painlessly
Close your eyes, kill the darkness
The shears are in the closet
The muses they pray loud
For your listless journey to me

Innocence, garlands burn
All the memories
Transparencies, you will see
What this is meant to be
You will see one day
I’m here to stay, hold your hand to me
We’ll find a way

Close your eyes, snip your lashes
They fall within the ashes
The frosty old feeling, will melt oh so painlessly
Close your eyes, kill the darkness
The shears are in the closet
The muses they pray loud
For your listless journey to me

Reality, infinity
All the pieces here
Athletic shoes, chocolate mousse
Cellular phone in his room

If you happen to want the song, you can get it here.

Tonight the Asian Idol result will be announced. After the performance last night, I'm rooting for Jac not because she's Malaysian but because of her performance last night was wow, and Indonesian Mike. He kinda remind me of... what's his name... the guy who won the 2nd American Idol with Clay Aiken on the 2nd place..... aiseh. Never mind that. I love his voice.

ps: My condolences to my friend Miza for her miscarriage, and congratulations to Un for his impending marriage.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

still remember them in "boys & girls 1+1=3" compilation. with a different name though, & their song "ode from a psychopath" or something like that. nice vocals but deep poetric lyrics.

man, i can't think that deep right now. just wake up from sleep, my head still going bananas. hohohoh. x_x

Diah said...

ode to a psychopath was in their first album, and yes all of their songs are poetic - kinda like deciphering 'prosa klasik' for your SPM, hehe

tu lah, tak cukup tido mmg la mamai :p