Sunday, December 30, 2007

Soundtracks of My Life

Surprise surprise, 2 posts in a night. So what? I'm fresh with ideas so while I'm in the mood and have the time to write, here I am with the second post. We grew up listening to songs and I bet there are songs that remind you a lot of those years - growing up, teenage, adult. I knew I grew up surrounded with songs. My mom loves songs from the 60s, my dad loves arabic songs, my late grandma loved songs during P. Ramlee era and those classic Hindi songs from the movie Sanggam being her favourite. Well here's the list of the songs that reminded me strongly of those stages.

6 years old and lower - 10 Little Indians
My mom bought me a nursery rhyme cassette and I bet I drove my brother and sister crazy when I kept playing '10 Little Indians' over and over again. Those days nursery rhymes rules, though I have this bits and pieces of memory of someone kept playing Noor Kumalasari & Sudirman's song repeatedly, hmmm.
Favourite Line: 1 little, 2 little, 3 little Indian

7 to 12 years old - Roxette's Fading Like Flower
The time when my elder siblings preference for music tend to influence a bit on what I like. My sister with her New Kids On The Block and my bro's preference on local pop, Guns n Roses and Scorpions. That was the time when I came across Roxette and Joyride being the first album I ever bought marked my younger years.
Favourite Line: In a time, When the suns descends alone, I ran a long long way from home...
p.s: I did ran away one time, not from home but from kelas mengaji on foot because I want to catch Moero Attack on TV :P sure drove my mom nuts at that time, hehehe, sorry mak.

13 to 15 years old - Backstreet Boy's We've Got It Goin' On
Those years, boy band rules and BSB was famous. Of course I had to smuggle my walkman to school and reserve my nights listening to their album even as PMR was closing in. Believe it or not, the poor people of FORM records was my constant victims for the guy's info. Lights off and 11.15 pm meant my time with my walkman started, hehehe.
Favourite Line: Jam on coz Backstreet's got it!

16 to 17 years old - Goo Goo Doll's Iris
Changes at school when it became a co-ed school. Okay make that my old all-girls school was cease to exist and the new school brought a lot of differences. The difference? Why, boys of course. I knew I had some squabbles with some of the boys in my class because of Green Day and BSB. Iris' chorus meant a lot for me at that time. Okay I rephrase that. For someone at that time la. Not forgetting that Nicholas Cage was absolutely superb in the City of Angels ^_^
Favourite Line: I just want you to know who I am

18 to 19 years old - Jann Arden's Insensitive
I lived at the hostel that time and during Valentine's Day for that year the TV aired 'Untamed Hearts' that starred Christian Slater which led me to 'Bed of Roses'. The song was the movie's soundtrack and it stroke a chord at that time to the thing that happened.
Favourite Line: I fell too fast, I feel too much

20 to 24 years old - Daniel Bedingfield's If You're Not The One
I have to say that that was my experimental years with relationships - online, blind dates, not so quite dates and all that. Experience taught me not to trust that much with online relationships but I managed to be hooked with a couple of it which turned out disastrous. But I managed to come across really good friends from other continent and met up face to face with them - Kak Nana, Abang Steve, granny Musica, Lee, Kikki - you guys are rare. Enough said but this song managed to make me cry in the middle of Midvalley Megamall - not anymore though. The song is way too beautiful for me to bawl over anymore.
Favourite Line: I miss you, body and soul so strong that it takes my breath away

25 to 26 years old - Arashi's Kansha Kangeki Ame Arashi
My workaholic years - I worked late and through the weekend. This is where the term overworked and underpaid comes into the picture. Even with only 10 days annual leave, I managed to have extra 3 days for both years. Surprising isn't it? Well anyway Arashi's song kept me sane with their upbeat tempo and positive lyric. It was no surprise when rumour spread that some girls didn't commit suicide because of this song. It meant - thanks and gratitude to rain and storm.
Favourite Line: 生まれてきた僕たちは たぶんピンチに強い
Romaji: umaretekita bokutachi wa tabun pinchi ni tsuyoi
Translation: We were born, maybe the trials in life will make us stronger

Our Song - Nickelback's Far Away
Well I have to admit my sayang gave me a lot of songs but I have to say this one is my favourite, hehehe.


School is starting soon. Let me laze away................. while I can -_-;

3 comments:

Nizar said...

hohoho.. aku kah "the boys in you class" itu..?? :P

Diah said...

kaulah salah sorang diantaranye
wahahaha

Anonymous said...

hootie & the blowfish - only wanna be with you

heheh ;)