Saturday, January 29, 2005

3 Down, Hundreds More To Go

Finally, submitted the much awaited 3 showhouses design for the client which is (*gulp) 17 days overdue. Yeah I know its unprofessional to keep the client waiting but the delay was because of the crashed down pc at the office and the delay of getting the softcopy plan from the architect. Now I could actually get rid of my temporary phobia on any pastel orange Toyota Camry with KL license plate - sorry Mr Yan, I know I'm late (and know that u don't read this). The trip to the client office this time was kind of harrowing. My boss is still busy at the other site so I have to act as representative. The project manager asked about the delayed maintenance and the dead trees, the clerk of work ask about the dead trees too so I have to try my best to cover up for my boss. Gladly Mr Yan was not anywhere when I submitted the plan although his car was there. I actually groaned when I saw his car and prepared for the worse.
Last time I had this feeling was whenever I feel burnt out on assignment. I would not look forward to meet up with my project paper supervisor because of lack of ideas and sometimes skip the discussion altogether. All changed when I get myself a well reputed laser-tongued lecturer who had just returned from Scotland for his masters degree as my supervisor because my former supervisor went for a very long maternity leave. Well he's not as vicious as I remembered him in my first year so it got me going, but sometimes still give a very sharp comment. It kept me going. Sometimes I just need a negative force to obtain positive results, hehehe. Conclusion - I was a lazy bum who needs a lot of pushing - back then.
As for now, unavoidable reason makes it all late. Small company, very small staff at the office- and I mean really small staff consist of me - alone with a part time accountant, while the rest is at the site, the labourers - very hardworking and friendly workers from Indonesia who made my supervision works at the site pleasant. I wonder how my boss gets so lucky as before this, I heard stories about other workers elsewhere. Boss went out, I'm all alone to face up the clients. Right now I believe that I am developing a phobia for another site in Kangkar, Pulai. YIKES!!!!

No comments: