Friday, January 14, 2005

Wrong Turns

Today must be one of the many days when I get so absent minded that I don't know what I do or where I was heading. I take that back. I know what I do but I don't know where I am heading to. This week has been really hectic (I don't know when will it be un-hectic for me) as my boss only drop by at the office in the morning getting my feedback of what had happen the day before, like calls/complain from clients and then going off to the site again. The good part of that is I get to do my job without any pressure, the bad part, I have to do most of the thing that she always do and the phonecalls will never end.
So today my boss assigned me to meet up a client to do a presentation. This project is the very first one that I got when I started work and all the late nights paid off, we got the job. And so, since we are assigned to do this project, my boss kind of let me do the handling while she's paying attention at the other project. Kinda like taking for grantedlah. Drove away from the office at 1.50pm after wishing Jeff goodnight, 2.30 on the dot met up with the client, ends at 3.10pm (very short presentation with briefing) and honestly, I have been driving the car non stop afterwards. I was supposed to drop by at the other client's office to pick up the colour pallete and I kept on making wrong turn. Don't get me wrong, I know all the roads in JB (well not all but more than half) its just that my brain was elsewhere.
After missing the road that I was supposed to use, I kept going on trying to look for a place to make a u-turn and boy, you sure don't want to miss a u-turn spot because the other spot would be really far away. so I missed one, and then missed again, and then missed again, found one, made a turn and I don't know wht possess me to make a wrong turn, and then try finding a turn again, miss, miss, miss, wrong.... u get the idea. I only reached the client's office at 5. Can you believe that? 5pm. the JOTIC building and Metropolis Tower is NOT that far.
It doesn't end there. The same thing happen when I was on my way home, and reached there at 7. My mind is elsewhere.

No comments: