Thursday, January 20, 2005

Wrong Turns Part 2

Its been 2 days since the pc at the office went out of order. I don't know wht did Ms O, our part time accountant did last time she logged into my pc as she was searching for a client's phone number in one of the CAD files as I was out on an appointment with my old collegues at the JB City Hall (more of fun than business as I did my internship there) but when I tried to turn it on the next morning, the configuration file was missing and the PC was toast. Sent it off to the shop and I have been on the road ever since.
I was instructed by my boss to go to the site to do some supervision works since I am practically crippled in the office without my pc. Going to the site was easy, going back wasn't. At 3pm I volunteered myself to my boss to pick up a payment recommendation from the client's management office. I was bored because both bosses are around and we do have our supervisor at the site so everything is under control. I thought going to their office was easy - I was wrong. I took the wrong turn to Johor Jaya, my old school area but hey, I was in boarding school and I know nothing about the road all around there save for The Store supermarket and the golf range that acts as the benchmark whenever I took a bus. Took me 3 phonecalls in an hour and a half to get to the office.
The first call was to Eena's boyfriend as I could not reach her at that time. His direction took me to Permas Jaya... after I did a slight detour that ended me up in Plentong. Called up the clients office and ask for direction - they told me to look for Jusco (as if I know where that is). After the joyride and 30 minutes, I swore I could not find Eena's home after 6 years of not visiting but I did and I know I would have trouble finding her house again because wrong turns made me found it. Called up Eena and asked her direction to Jusco, and thank god I did. Reached there at 5 and went to the clients office to hand it out. Good thing no wrong turn this time.
As for today, same thing happen when I was going to another client's office. I know with that amount of being lost in JB, I could be the master of shortcuts. I doubt that. I would be more lost. Everytime I go to the site that we work on - JP Perdana, I never use the same road to get back just because I missed a junction and a turn and I know I was caught on camera while I was running over a red light in Larkin today (I can feel the traffic summon coming). Don't ask me how I got there, you don't need to go through Larkin from JP Perdana to Skudai - I missed a turn and was lost. I only realized the camera when I was caught in a jam after the traffic light. Went back to the site, sat on the stump at the shelter just to realize, the white paint was still wet. It was white and my jeans was dark blue. Bummer.
My baby starts on his work today and I hope that he is in a much much better condition than I was. I love you sayang.

No comments: