Sunday, January 16, 2005

A Day With My Boss

My bosses are seldom at the office nor do we have enough time to discuss about the happenings outside work, though at some time she (my woman boss, the wife) would always ask me when will Jeff come over town so that she could at least make it possible to spend time with him. I know she sometimes have this very inconsistent 'angin' due to the hard time that the consultant was giving us or the sub clients that act 'macam bagus' (I actually ended up yelling at one of the client's Clerk of Work through the phone for giving us such a hard time and acted so darn cocky. Like I say, macam bagus).

So one day we went out to check out on the custom made pots that the client require. Well that is also one of the reason I stayed when my predecessor fled weeks or days after they start working - my boss train me so that one day I could start on my own. On our way back we have this long talk about life and suddenly my cellphone howls. Actually Jeff called at about 5.40pm, and the custom ringing made my boss shrieked out in surprise - even jokingly said that she would cut off my salary if I don't change the ringtone after being surprised again in the office for the same reason. Even my other boss, her husband said the same thing. I didn't change the tone, I only turned the volume down, hehehe.

She asked what was the time there, and so I told her its 4.40am. Thats when she told me about her problem being an insomniac. She couldn't sleep at night when she was in school no matter how hard she try but she made through it when she was taking master degree. She was too busy to even bother about her sleeping time. One thing led to another, but I will always remember what she say .

No matter how much you love someone, you can never eat for them, drink for them or even sleep for them. You can never actually do anything for them unless they do it for themselves. As the 'other half' we could only give them full support, help them in anyway possible and be there when they need us. Just be positive even when everything seems to be going against us. Yes, everything seems easier to say than done but like the stock market, when you hit the lowest point, you can't hit any lower and when you hit the highest point, there's no more afterwards. So when you're down, just remember there will be time you can get up again and when you're up, don't get too comfortable because there's always down.

Thats the word of wisdom from my boss. I love you baby, I really really miss you

No comments: