Monday, March 14, 2005

Mataku yang Sepet

Been a very busy but exciting weekend. Well of course, my weekend only consist of a day and a half, and that was how long I went to KL. Reached Serdang at about 9 and had a very sumptuous dinner at F1 restaurant - was so darn hungry that I actually finished everything that I ordered. Got to my sister's house and promptly fell asleep. Felt like a boa constrictor who had just consumed a whole goat... mengular.

In the morning, woke up and watched Buli on the player, Jeff called and then went out for breakfast... make that a very late breakfast with my sister's boyfriend. We were supposed to get ready at 11, but since her boyfriend took upon himself to show up and make a surprise, we just went out with him. Finally reached Kak Mai's house at 1. The groom's delegation hasn't arrived yet for the bersanding ceremony and I didn't stay long. I only managed to take a snap of Kak Mai and I have to admit, the make-up artist did a very fine job and she looks like a living doll. That figures though because the make-up artist was a male. Besides, everyone knows that they're the best.

Went to Mak Jun's house in Bangsar and afterwards my sister dropped me off at the train station. I actually have planned to meet up my friends in KLCC other than do my book shopping at Kinokuniya. Found Intan and Yan in the midst of the bustling crowd browsing the books at the fiction area while keeping up with the gossips. Intan bought me a ticket to watch 'Sepet' (it means small eyes in Malay) and so we went. It was a good movie and I have to admit, its the 2nd Malaysian movie that I enjoyed watching (P. Ramlee's is excluded because all his movies are good and they're all at another era) though at some scenes it drags especially when the characters are having one on one conversation with their friends. But nevertheless, the conversations are something that I could relate to. Everyone in the moviehouse were having a good time from the neverending laughs that could be heard throughout the show. But the feeling was kind of spoilt at the last part when the camera was focusing on the character Orkid and her mother. Apparently the viewers were too busy laughing on the crying face of Ida Nerina that I missed some part of Jason/Ah Loong's letter to Orkid. Spoil, but heck I cried anyway.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Books I bought and Dayah gave - in exchange with Dean Koontz's The Watcher

The movie ends and again we went to Kinokuniya because there's not much shop that interest us anyway... gosh, that makes me sound like a bookworm. Trust me, the bookstore is exciting when you have friends that could talk and give out comments non stop abt anything - from self help book to fictions. Waited for Sue and Nini while met up with Anas and his fiance. Then we went to Nando's, and I must admit even if age and clothing style is way different from 6 years back, one thing will never change - Our speech style, we're still very loud like we were in the hostel years.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Started my journey back home at 11.30pm and boy I was so tired that I slept the whole trip. Next time, I'd do it again for sure.

No comments: