Tuesday, January 24, 2006

And I'm Reaching In a Bus Trip...

Been a great weekend. Diana's wedding and then meeting up my internet friends in Singapore. This were our second time meeting and as always, it was filled with laughter, joy and of course gossips. I happen to wreck the plan a bit by thinking that the area inside Singapore is all near. Well it is near but the time duration showed at the MRT chart gave me a heart attack. Reached at Kranji MRT at about 9.30am, supposed to be meeting Steve and Nana at 10.

The train to City Hall, from the chart that is took about 45 minutes (wallao!) and the train towards Jurong takes 15 minutes. Which route to choose? I chose the train Jurong. From Jurong another heart attack. Train to Bugis takes 27 minutes. Just about the same if I take the train to Bugis via City Hall. Either way I was so late and reached there just in time to meet up Steve and Nana, chat a bit and taking another train to Orchard.

As always Orchard was full, and there we waited for another friend of ours, Musica. We waited for her at the wrong place and went straight to the restaurant that she booked for lunch. We went to the Indonesian Rice Table and it was eventful for my stomach. We were served up to 10 dishes with rice - prawns, chicken, beef, kangkung, lodeh, taupok etc etc - and by the time lunch ended, I could hardly get up from the chair. Afterwards went over to Coffee Beans since Steve need to get his coffee shot. He was still recovering from his jetlag but he never admits that he was sleepy at that time (hehehe) due to time difference.

We went to the Coffee Beans outside Wheelock Place and when Musica mentioned that the place have a huge bookstore, mine and Nana's eyes lit up. Yes, you got it, we are both book junkie. As we stepped into Borders I could hardly stop myself from drooling. The latest books and I mean the latest of latest that I know haven't even reached the bookstore back home were stacked up and there my greed alert was flashing furiously. I could spend hours in there just browsing. My happy place. As I was saying to Steve and Nana, they might need a crowbar to pry my off from the bookstore. In the end I bought only 1 book, though I saw 5 that I really want. My reasoning won. I could buy the rest when it hit the rack back home. Besides, buying at home would allow for tax deduction, hehehe.

Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

We bought ice cream along Orchard Road and an advertisement shown on the giant screen began to get to my head. I know Backstreet Boys would be doing a concert at the Singapore Indoor Stadium TODAY, and I did at one point went berserk asking if my friends could accompany me there. Yes, I was and still am a BSB fan. When I was in secondary school, everyone and I mean everyone knows about it. I was that freaky though as age comes, I am a bit mellower (yeah right). Nana and Steve are going, it is Steve's birthday present to Nana and boy was I so envious. Can't go as my annual leave is very limited. Actually I woke up this morning to the dream that Intan, Yan and I were buying the last minute ticket at the concert. Argh!!

Image hosting by Photobucket
Howie D!!!! I love you!!!! LOL

No comments: