Wednesday, January 18, 2006

The Drive Home

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It was a hectic day for me yesterday. Going back and forth to the Professional building, Menara TJB, had lunch at CS since my best friend Along wasn't able to join me due to our breaktime difference, took a plan from AH site office and did measurement for the turf and trees - my least favourite work of all.

And then there was the drive back home, my refuge.

Living far away from office got a certain advantage. Don't think of the extra mileage, extra petrol and extra time. Even its a 40 minutes journey one way I certainly value the driving time. It is where I am completely alone. Don't get me wrong, I hate being lonely for a very long time and 40 minutes is just fine.

It is where I would be able to reflect on what happened that day. Where I am able to clear my head just for a timeframe. No work, no nothing, just clarity. It is also where I get to exercise my lungs without anyone hearing it. Yeah, you got it right. It is when I get to sing my heart out without being heard by anyone for a very long time - unless of course except for the passing motorcyclist whom by bad luck manage to wait for the red light beside my beat up Kancil when I go for 'Phantom of the Opera' crescendo. And then they start looking me weird. Oh well, not that I care, hehehe.

And then the drive from Parit Selangor to Parit Semerah. The road is narrow and trying to reach 110 kmph would be a challenge. It is my favourite drive if it happens to be at night and the road is clear. One of the reasons why my sister hate it when I drive. If its not clear, then I would stick to the 60 kmph speed limit.

Time for work, 40 minutes to come up with a design to discuss with my boss this morning. Brought the work home but my head was clogged last night by watching 3 episodes of Numb3rs back to back on my pc. Have a nice day!

No comments: