Friday, January 13, 2006

The Day I think I Lost My Cool and Starts to Freak Out

1st scenario:

I frequently go to my bosses' house in a gated precinct in Skudai where visitors have to pass their driving licence at the guard house. One of the security guards, a young man kept passing me his phone number everytime I have to fetch something at my bosses' house but I came up with lame excuses like my phone was lost, stolen, eaten by my cat so on and so forth but seems like he didn't get the hint. So he said he just want to be pals. I was stupidly naive because as you can tell most of my good buddies in university are guys and I told him lots of times that I was taken. I passed him my phone number (stupid stupid stupid). He didn't call which I thought was great.

Couple of months after which was actually 2 days ago he started to sms me with his new phone number, just once. I didn't reply anything at all. I thought okay fine, friends are friends no point of over-reacting. He called me up once when I was dead asleep at 12 (I get really annoyed if anyone jerks me up in the middle of the night as I start sleeping) 3 times. I was already in dreamland and the phone was already off. The next day I asked Aidah, my admin pal to pick up the call and told him I am in the middle of a meeting. Then when I was driving he called again. I didn't check the caller ID so there, busted. He asked me to sms him my home address. I asked for whatever reason? He said, to quote:-

"Saya nak hantar mak saya merisik"

Double triple quadruple quintetuple sixtuple whtever thousandtuple HAH?!!

Kenal idak, berbual pun setakat nak pas lesen and bam goes that. I nearly crashed into something. All I said was
"Hah? Biar betul" he answered, "That's my main intention." And then I said, "I don't even know you." His answer was "I know but I do want to send my mom over." And then I had to disconnect the phone because there was a speed trap up ahead. Where did the word "Saya dah berpunya," gone to I didn't know. I am rotten at lying. That was the first call ever, so how else would any girl react? I don't have the guts to pick up the phone and it keeps on ringing since then and just now as a matter of fact. Doesn't he take the hint? Unanswered phone means no. Its so darn freaky and scary. That all happened yesterday and I'm hoping like crazy that there would be no calls from him tomorrow.

My boss already know about him since the day he passed me his number but they doesn't know about the latest happening yet. Everything starts with my ever so generous with smile attitude... does that mean I'm gonna have to change that?


2nd scenario:

Nothing much but as I was taking the pictures at the site for the site meeting I managed to get myself knee deep into the soggy soil. The workers were there planting turf and making the concrete bench when they came to my aid and lamely saying,

"Lah akak, terlupa beritau, jalan atas walkway, nggak boleh jalanin atas tanah. Tanah sini lembek."

There I was immobilize and they warned me about the soil condition only after I got stuck. How approppriate. Had to leave my shoes in the soil since I couldn't pull it out anyway. So if anyone lives in that new Indahsinar phase and played at the park that we are working on and tend to break off the plants, my shoes will haunt you.

No comments: