Friday, October 22, 2004

Beauty On The Road

If anyone have been keeping track on the latest model of cars, they would certainly know about the new breed of Proton, real slick, real beauty and a terror on the road (not to mention the pocket). Well for one, I don't know that much about cars other than drive it, filling up the tank and send it off for service when it is due but I know a beauty when i see one - no need for designer instinct, it just strikes me. It was like love at first sight seeing the new model of Waja (Putra GTi), combination of Waja and Putra. Just look at it. Sleek and sporty features that simply scream FREEDOM!!!




For one I have to admit that I don't like the first edition of Waja at all, it gives out the expression of bulkiness (Maybe I associated it so much with my previous blind date) but as for Putra, it looks sporty and sophisticated. Still It doesn't do anything for me, not like the beauty up above. But for this one... Putra GTi, I am in love!!!! It is powered by 2.0 litre engine, 24 valve and 6 cylinder. The steering wheel is by Momo and the seats are by Recaro - now those are the name that I know very well for great quality.

I know I used to scoff at my friends for their obsession seeing their favourite car. A friend of mine ended up making the 3 and a half hour trip from KL to Kota Tinggi to become 4 and a half because along the highway we met up with nearly 10 Satria GTi. Everytime she saw one at the rearview she would slow down from 130km/j to a very low of 80km/j just to feast her eyes on it. Another friend of mine would park her car, get out of it and simply stare at a Putra if she saw one anywhere she is at. Guess I am gonna fall into that category but what my reaction to it will be unknown. One thing I know, I would be blown away. I even forward the picture to Jeff and he say that he wants one. Now that is one huge compliment for a guy who loves to do modifications on his car and truck and not from Malaysia.

Bravo to EON for producing such a great model for us Malaysian to be proud of. Anyway you should see the new edition of Proton. It looks as if it is given a new wave of design. And yes, I Love new Putra GTi!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: