Thursday, October 07, 2004

New Police Story



After waiting for quite sometime for Jackie Chan's movie in chinese, finally a new movie is out adding another series in the police story saga (honestly I thought that the police story saga was finished, I was wrong) In this part, the character Chan Kwok Wing is facing a new breed of criminals that was made of 5 demented rich brats who have nothing else to do but have fun through games and have a personal vendetta to all the cops, due to some personal issues - I can't tell what because it may spoil the fun and thrill for those who haven't watch it yet. The beginning was kind of sick but okaylah because it is still rated 'U' and at some part the whole cinema was bursting out with laughter - one part that nearly cause me an accident on my way home because of the absurdity and the hilarity of the scene. I don't doubt that some laughed until they cried because that scene took quite a long time and it was a few minute after it end that the crowd's laughter subsided - I did.

One thing that I would say about this movie, it is a 'Jackie Chan' Movie (hehehehe) - lots of great fighting scene, cool stunts and for those who are very well versed with Jackie Chan's character, he knows how to use every single element around him for fighting really well. Not to mention how he mix up all the plot - the serious, the funny and the romance which I am really relieved that there was not so much of that part like in his previous movie 'Gorgeous'. And there is some difference that we could see between Jackie Chan in an english movie and in a chinese movie. The english movie always lacks some zest while the chinese ones are simply great.

I could hear most of the girls in the cinema was sighing, oohing and aahing when Frank - played by Nicholas Tse stepped in. Well of course, he is after all, the heart-throb/bad boy in the chinese entertainment industry. He played his part well and the trademark for his character in this movie was that he always cheered 'That's my man!" when Chan was on his way to recuperate his loss by giving a kick a** move in fight scenes. It was a good show though I was expecting for more tough challenge given by the 5 brats at the end part of the movie because of the well orchestrated plan that they did at the beginning.

Enough said, just go and check it.


No comments: