Sunday, October 03, 2004

The Sound of Kompang

Today, like any other weekend is my most priced and valuable day to spend on friends, family, my beloved bed for catching up with sleeping time or laze around doing basically nothing. As for this day my friend Mohd Fadzillah Mohd Razi a.k.a Fad was having his wedding reception at his house. Knowing that we haven't seen each other for years and knowing that most of our friends from school would be turning up for the event, I called up Eena asking if she would be going and if others are going too. Quite a few of our friends nearby could not make it because of their prior plan - Fad didn't manage to get all of our numbers so he only manage to get in touch with very few of us. On the way to UTM where I would be meeting up Isem and Zai, there were quite a few wedding reception that got me thinking - is it school holiday already? Well its not because my brother is still schooling and he's busy studying for his SPM. That was when I remembered one of my friends in college bawdily referring the school holidays (peak season for weddings) as mating season .....*ahem. Guess that most were trying to catch up and get the wedding done before the fasting month starts mid October.

We set out from UTM with 2 cars as Isem and her boyfriend Raden have to go to another wedding afterwards and met up Eena and her other half Helmi at McDonalds near to Carrefour. Zai and I was fighting a huge temptation to go to the drive through because of our constant grumbling tummy but luckily Eena and Helmi was already there. As if on cue, when we parked our cars near to Fad's house, the sound of kompang reverberated to our ears. The timing was just perfect. We saw Fad and his wife (wow, he has a wife now) and was happy to see our old schoolmates following behind. Well even more surprised seeing my ex flame there too - I forgot that he and Fad sat next to each other in class straight 2 years. Old story.

Anyway, the food was good and meeting up with old friends was even better. Too many changes that people could see after nearly 6 years not seeing each other and believe me, honestly I forgot nearly all of their names, save those who were in my class and just give a polite smile and trying so hard to remember their names while they were talking. I have no trouble remembering the girls name - we practically see each other at the hostel day in day out, as for boys... well I only know few, just those who were in my class and some significant personalities famous for stuffs.

Today was Fad's turn to get married. Wonder who would be next.


Selamat Pengantin Baru Fad, semoga bahagia ke anak cucu.

No comments: