Sunday, October 10, 2004

A Lovely Sunday

Woke up gloriously on a Sunday morning with the sun glaring through the window. It was a quiet morning save for the constant slicking of the keyboard made by my brother in the living room, the chirping of the birds and the bickering sound of my cats outside. Got up, and did necessary things before starting of the day with more activities. Promised my mom to help her with the cooking. Her office is going to have an event tomorrow and as always mom is assigned to cook a dish for it. For tomorrow she was asked to cook chicken in soy sauce (my favourite, yum) .

It has been a long time since I went to Pasar Tani (morning wet market) and as usual by the time we arrived there at about 9, the place is already crowded. People were crowding over the poultry stalls, the vegetable stalls and getting a nice parking spot was a torture. Made our way back home until my brother called up on the cellphone halfway there because of one box of 2b pencil. SPM paper for Information Technology will start tomorrow and that was the only reason I drove back to town and returned home not strangling him.

Start frying off the chickens near to noon when my uncle and aunt dropped by after their visit at my grandparents' and great grandparents' grave for the clean up before the fasting month start. We'd probably be going next week when my sister would be home. Noontime, took a short nap, played the online game trying so hard to get high score for the yahoo game and washed my car.

Night time, watched Love Actually for maybe the hundreth time (or was it only 20? but heck who's counting?) and start cooking of the chicken in soy sauce afterwards. All is done but I still have trouble. Sunday is nearing the end and I'm still not sleepy. I don't want it to be Monday so soon. Guess I do have that chronic syndrom of Monday blues. though, who doesn't? *grins. Any remedies for Monday blues?

No comments: